Technical Programme Manager
- Manchester, United Kingdom
At Booking.com, we make it easier for everyone to experience the world. We began by taking hotel bookings online over 20 years ago and we've been shaping the travel industry ever since. Today, we're building a platform that connects all parts of the trip - from accommodation to transport, tickets, tours and more.
From our HQ in Manchester, our Transportation team helps people get where they want to go, anywhere in the world. Whether customers want the freedom of a car, the ease of a taxi or the economy of public transport, we make it all possible.
Our team is passionate about helping people travel. They see challenges as opportunities. And they're always ready for change.
Where we are going
- Cross functional agile teams who own their products in a Continuous Delivery DevOps environment
- Revolutionise our online customer experience through a great web site and mobile app
- Data driven decisions using Kibana, Hadoop, monitoring, Big Data, MI and MVT testing
- Continuous improvement, keeping it simple and developing the team
- Great engineering practices with a focus on TDD and BDD principles and a strong focus on non-functional requirements at the beginning rather than an afterthought
- Decoupled service orientated architecture with resilience and adaptability built in
- Ownership of your work and a great technical challenge
- A great new office to work in the heart of Manchester
- Great facilities including subsidised canteen and Starbucks, free breakfast & fruit + cycle hub
- An exciting and dynamic place to work
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Great discounts on car rentals and other group benefits
- Opportunity to shape the future of the team
- Manage key business programme initiatives from inception through to delivery across multiple teams, product groups and other parts of the business.
- Ownership of delivery and reporting for these key initiatives across all impacted teams
- Stakeholder and communication management, including working closely with Engineering and Product sponsors to deliver these key business initiatives Manage dependencies, risks, issues, go live plans and challenging delivery thinking
- Management of external parties where required
- Work with the Product, Engineering, and the wider business to ensure roadmaps are aligned on initiative goals, including feeding into quarterly planning process
- Own and drive delivery governance across the organisation, ensuring this is fit for purpose and fits in with existing practices and organisation culture
- Work alongside the agile coaching team to continuously improve delivery best practice
- Challenge the business to think in an evolutionary manner and support the transformations
- 5 years + experience of delivering critical business initiatives in digital organisations with Product and Engineering led teams
- Proven experience using a range of lean/agile project/programme management methods
- Proven experience balancing multiple priorities and dealing with ambiguity
- Experience of managing teams of people responsible for delivery in complex organisations
- Experience of managing external parties that are critical to delivery success
- Proven experience of stakeholder engagement and stakeholder management at all levels of an organisation
Other beneficial skills
- Knowledge and experience of Lean working and principles.
- Previous experience in product lead role
- Software engineering background.
- Experience of Lean UX
- Teaching, mentoring, supporting people.
- Experience with delivery and collaboration management tools such as JIRA, confluence, slack, workplace
Back to top