Technical Program Manager - Payments
Our Payments team is looking for a Technical Program Manager to support product and development teams as we build the future of payments at Booking.
As a Technical Program Manager, you will be working with Product Managers, Principal Developers and Managers in technology, as well as interacting with front-end product teams we support with our payments technology. The programs will include several teams and projects within the Payments product and tech organization and you are responsible for driving efficient execution.
You'll work closely with people across a diverse group of functional teams (including many Product and Tech teams, Payments Strategy, Product Marketing, and Finance). The successful candidate will report to the Payments Technical Program Manager and will be based in our Amsterdam headquarters.
Your goal is to enable individual teams/departments to plan and execute while keeping the overall objectives, planning and success in sight. We seek a strong stakeholder manager who will take full ownership and accountability for projects with a global scope.
If the idea of building and scaling from the ground up, managing complex stakeholder groups and helping the business achieve its roadmap is exciting to you, this may be your next career move!
- Work with Technology leads to define technology projects scope, dependencies, and ultimately, the development plan;
- Work with Product Owners and Team Leads to proactively monitoring project progress, dependencies, risks and issues;
- Proactively communicate status and resolve issues, initiate solutions to problems as they arise;
- Support Product Owners in representing Payments to product teams and developers you are delivering services to;
- Organize, promote and implement effective programmatic initiatives to help development teams deliver better services;
- Ensure the delivery of new products or services meets or exceeds expectations relating to quality and usability, using project goals and definitions you helped develop as a baseline;
- Work with Managers of payments to ensure teams have enough people to deliver as planned as part of your day to day tracking and project monitoring duties;
- When necessary, work with 3rd party contributors and ensure seamless integration into the development process;
- Manage communications with all stakeholders, internal to the team and across the department as well as with customers and external stakeholders;
- Manage dependencies between multiple technical projects, support teams in mitigating issues;
- Track, communicate and help manage risks to ensure the successful outcome of technical projects and initiatives
- 3+ years experience managing complex, highly cross-functional technical projects or programs supporting product and software development teams
- 2+ years experience in payments processing, preferably focused on payments platform or product development
- Strong payments processing domain knowledge
- Thorough understanding of technology; Must be comfortable with and able to communicate about tech-specific topics
- Excellent business strategy skills with ability to translate key outcomes of program activities to the organization's strategic priorities
- Experience in implementing organizational best practices through process development/improvement and change management
- Excellent written and verbal communication; Able to present key program updates tailored to various stakeholder groups
- Strong ability to influence and manage a wide range of stakeholders including senior leadership
The Technical Program Manager position is open to worldwide candidates. We provide assistance for you and your family with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam. We have successfully relocated 300+ technology professionals to Amsterdam in the last year.
Back to top