Technical Financial Analyst – APAC
This role will be a key member of the FP&A team, helping to improve efficiency through model creation, report automation, and query development. This role requires a dynamic and enthusiastic person with combined technical and analytical skills. You will have interaction with Information Technology, senior management, international business managers, and finance colleagues on a regular basis.
Due to the rapid and continuous growth of the organization, the tasks and duties of this role will evolve over time. You will be keen to develop and grow within the role and challenge yourself to take on additional projects and responsibilities as they present themselves.
- Provide system support and act as a super user for FP&A systems
- Participate in the full life cycle of projects which focus on updating and improving FP&A systems, including development, testing, code deployment and maintenance
- Financial model development integrating Excel with SQL, Hadoop, and VBA to support business development and decision making in Amsterdam
- Coordinate with the IT development teams and Product Owners where required
- Assist with business planning, financial forecasting, target setting, variance analysis and internal reporting of revenues, expenses and headcount for multiple countries
- Produce business management intelligence through data investigations to assist operational management
- Identify and analyze reporting variances versus forecast
- Communicate proactively with managers in international markets to understand market/business trends
- Perform ad-hoc analysis, scenarios and benchmarking as needed and contribute to new business/expansion/cost control projects and process improvement as and when business requires
- Proactively analyze current processes to further automate or streamline where necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Finance role
- Strong SQL or Hadoop knowledge is essential
- Experience with Perl, Python, VBA or other scripting language is preferred
- Experienced user of Enterprise Reporting System (i.e. SAP BW, Business Objects, Hyperion)
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and Financial Modeling
- Broad knowledge of business case analysis, KPI’s, dashboard reporting and revenue/expense analysis
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously and drive projects to completion
- Organized, proactive and results oriented
- Strong team-working skills with ability to work independently
- Up to 10% travel
The hiring company Booking.com (Singapore) Pte Ltd. is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in Singapore. Booking.com (Singapore) Pte Ltd. is looking for a Technical Financial Analyst – APAC . Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com” refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Director of Product
Anne-Sophie oversees product managers and developers who create new features for Booking.com’s attractions, tours, and activity launches, ensuring travelers continue to have great experiences.
Back to top