Team Lead – Video Collaboration
Booking.com is looking for a team lead Video Collaboration Experience. You will be responsible for leading the team that architects, designs and supports the enterprise video collaboration systems for Booking.com. In this position you will, together with your team of engineers, implement the video collaboration strategy that serves the entire company staff. You will work very close to the Product Owner of Collaboration to deliver cutting edge video collaboration solutions that are scalable, coherent and standardized across the board. You support highly reliable, well performing video solutions that fit our current ecosystem. You work together with the other departments of Booking, specially with Networking, Security and Infrastructure to deliver the best in class corporate video solutions in the market. You operate with minimal supervision, deep knowledge of our systems and independent judgment. This is a technical hands-on leadership role.
- Technically own end-to-end Booking.com video solutions;
- People management: motivate and develop the engineering team;
- Recruitment: hire for the team, retain talent and identify the need for growth;
- Monitoring: understand what and how to monitor large scale corporate systems;
- Automation: write scripts to automate repetitive tasks to better scale our products;
- Maintain a healthy video collaboration environment, fully owning the status of our existing equipments and actively improving our metrics and high level system overviews;
- Contribute to defining the roadmap of our video collaboration solutions, and actively work towards maintaining the defined roadmap;
- Identify chronic issues in our current infrastructure and remedy them;
- Ownership over escalations and the sanitization of our ticketing queues;
- Agile: attend all agile ceremonies, making sure the team is improving its velocity and working on the priorities;
- Assist the team with technical hands on incidents;
- At least 4 years experience in providing technical leadership to a small engineering team;
- At least 2 years experience with people management;
- Proven experience with automation in Powershell, Perl, Python or any scripting language;
- Proven basic network-related troubleshooting skills;
- Basic understanding of video conferencing technologies and protocols like H.323, SIP, H.264, WebRTC, etc;
- Experience with vendors of major AV and video conference systems like Crestron, Extron, Lifesize, Polycom, Cisco, Bluejeans, Google, etc;
- General operating systems experience;
- Experience doing Audio/Video technical support during conferences and events is a big plus;
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills;
- Fluent in English language both spoken and written;
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential. We also offer what we call the "Booking Deal" with other competitive perks and benefits. The Technology department has regular knowledge sharing, training and attends/speaks at global conferences.
This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam. We have successfully relocated 300+ Technology professionals to Amsterdam in the last year!
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Team Lead - Video Collaboration in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Partner Marketing Manager
Julie determines which marketing programs will deliver the strongest results for Booking.com business partners in order to ensure long, strong, and successful relationships.
Back to top