Team Lead & Software Developer - Security Platform Services
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
It wasn't so long ago that booking a trip so see the Eiffel Tower, stroll down New York's iconic Madison Avenue or feel the sand between our toes on Copacabana Beach was simply a matter of a few taps on our smartphone.
In fact, that's what we do at Booking.com. We make it easier for everyone to experience the world. And while that world might feel a little farther away right now, we're busy preparing for when the world is ready to travel once more.
Across our offices worldwide, we continue to innovate. To solve for some of the most complex challenges in travel and technology, and to plan for the exciting developments that lie ahead. With strategic long-term investments into what we believe the future of travel can be, we are opening up new career opportunities that will have a strong impact on our mission.
We are united in the belief that our very human desire to explore the planet's beauty and discover more about other people and cultures will endure. The world is waiting for us. Together, we will be ready.
We are looking for a Team Lead to join our SPS team at our Amsterdam headquarters. As a team lead in the SPS team, you will be leading a team of engineers working on our SIEM and/or SOAR. This is a unique chance to help shape our security infrastructure for the foreseeable future.
- As a Team Lead in Booking.com in Security, you will be supporting and facilitating the work of a team of engineers who develop, scale and maintain our SIEM and SOAR infrastructure
- You are hands-on, you are technical and you understand that behind any technical decision there is a business need to be fulfilled
- You are focused on developing and growing the people in your team, you lead by example and care about the team performance
- Identify and grow talents, provide feedback and look after people's personal development
- Assess individuals performance, recognize and promote excellent performance, and address under-performance
- Facilitate an agile team of engineers (team of 4 - 6 people)
- Focus on supporting the business priorities, be pragmatic about technology choices
- Promote and encourage technical, business and people related initiatives that improve productivity, performance, and quality
- Design, develop and implement software that improves the stability, scalability, availability and latency of payment platforms in collaboration with the team
- Contribute to Booking.com's growth through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts
- At least 2 years of experience leading and managing a team of engineers
- Experience in back end engineering (software development or reliability engineering)
- Knowledge of configuration management tools like Puppet or Chef
- Strong experience in at least one or more programming languages, preferably Java and/or Perl
- Experience with data stream processors is a plus, preferably Apache Flink and/or Spark
- You have strong technical skills, you will get hands-on with your team.
- Good technical background on handling a big scale.
- You are humble and thought technology leader, you lead by example and gain your teammates' respect through your actions and not your title
- Strong people management skills and experience with the ability to deal with complex people issues.
- Strong stakeholder management experience, strong business, and technical vision
- Experience dealing with SLOs and other KPIs quality indicators
- Experience with vendor management
- Strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful
- Solution-oriented and result-driven
- Analytical skills and data-driven mindset.
- Ability to multi-task & flexible attitude
- Strong project management skills
- You are an excellent communicator and you are able to influence and cooperate with people at all levels,
- You have driven successful technical, business and people related initiatives that improved productivity, performance, and quality
- Living and working in Amsterdam, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real-time impact of your work on millions of travellers worldwide
- Working in a fast-paced and performance driven culture
- Opportunity to utilize technical expertise, leadership capabilities and entrepreneurial spirit
- Promote and drive impactful and innovative engineering solutions
- Technical, behavioural and interpersonal competence advancement via on-the-job opportunities, experimental projects, hackathons, conferences and active community participation
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and some great added perks of working in the home city of Booking.com
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
Back to top