Team Lead – Site Reliability Engineer
Booking.com is looking for a Team Lead – Site Reliability Engineering to join our Core Infrastructure team at our Amsterdam headquarters.
We are one of the biggest e-commerce companies in the world. To create the ultimate travel experience, we build and improve great products for both travelers and the accommodation partners.
Our Technology Department is more than 100 teams of four to six people each. We operate on a scrum-based agile development methodology, we are data-driven and do extensive A/B testing on both user and partner facing platforms.
We deploy code multiple times per day on 30,000+ servers across multiple data centers around the world, we have freedom, end-to-end access, and authority to make meaningful and measurable improvements empowering millions of people to experience the world.
And we invite you to lead one of our engineering teams in the Core Infrastructure group.
As a Team Lead in the Booking.com Core Infrastructure group, you will be supporting and facilitating the work of a team of engineers who develop, scale and maintain critical systems in our infrastructure.
You are hands-on, you are technical and you understand that behind any technical decision there is a business need to be fulfilled.
You are focused on developing and growing the people in your team, you lead by example and care about the team performance.
- Identify and grow talents, provide feedback and look after people's personal development
- Assess individuals performance, recognize and promote excellent performance, and address under-performance
- Facilitate an agile team of engineers (small team of 4 – 6 people)
- Focus on supporting the business priorities, be pragmatic about technology choices
- Promote and encourage technical, business and people related initiatives that improve productivity, performance, and quality
- Design, develop and implement software that improves the stability, scalability, availability and latency of the Booking.com products in collaboration with the team
- Contribute to Booking.com's growth through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts
- Experience in managing an engineering team, with at least one year in a leadership role
- Practical experience in software development (one or more programming languages)
- Hands-on expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems. Experience as an SRE is a plus
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and influencing skills
- Independent, pragmatic and proactive work attitude
- Experience working on large scale e-commerce websites is a plus
This position is open to candidates worldwide and for the right candidates, we provide Visa and Relocation assistance.
It is the core of our business and we ensure that we give the best 'deal' possible, to our employees. Here is what you get:
- Living and working in Amsterdam, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real-time impact of your work
- Working in a fast-paced and performance-driven culture
- Career opportunities via Online and On-the-job training, Conferences and active community participation
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and some great added perks of working in the home city of Booking.com
Booking.com B.V., part of the Priceline Group (Nasdaq: PCLN), owns and operates Booking.com™, the world leader in booking accommodation online. Our mission is to empower people to experience the world. Each day, over 1,200,000 room nights are reserved on Booking.com.
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Team Lead - Site Reliability Engineer in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Commercial Owner, New Partnerships
Morten looks at how to make the process of adding commercial partnerships more efficient and profitable. His main goal is adding accommodation partners to the platform to help Booking.com grow.
Back to top