Team Lead – Payment Operations
Booking.com, the largest business of Priceline.com listed in NASDAQ, is the world leader in booking accommodations online. Every day, more than 1.000.000 room nights are reserved through our public website and other channels, and subsequently processed and translated into earnings.
We believe that the passion and talent of our employees is our strength – it is what drives us towards outstanding performance. We offer a dynamic, motivating and sophisticated work environment. A culture that is open, innovative and performance orientated. Our scale and scope, commitment to people and high standards of integrity make Booking.com a great place to work.
Exercising excellent leadership and communication skills you develop and coach an international team in an environment that embraces change, cultivate service excellence, productivity, growth, empowerment and teamwork. As Payments Operations Team Lead you will be responsible for the daily Payment operations in your region. This means making sure you and your team maintain our agreed services levels to partners, As this role involves daily interaction with the finance department, it is essential that you have a good background in finance, and strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
Due to the rapid and continuous growth of the organization, the tasks and duties of this role may evolve over time. You will be keen to develop and grow within the role and to take on additional challenges and responsibilities as they occur.
- Coach and counsel to drive improvements in the team
- Implement and execute company policies and procedures and setting priorities;
- Assure strong quality as well as productivity standards within your team;
- Track and monitor performance levels, and manage underperformance;
- Conduct 1-2-1 meetings with Payment Operations Specialists of your team to maintain focus and motivation,
- Management and achievement of all departmental KPI’s in line with Business Plan; monitoring team’s progress against plans regularly, flagging any areas of risk promptly and ensuring all internal quality measures and targets are met.
- Prepare and conduct quarterly performance reviews and keep track of progress during the year;
- Drive the team in order to achieve requested departmental targets;
- Monitor Zendesk activities and performance on a daily basis;
- Schedule and distribute tasks and projects within the team;
- Building strong relationships with other departments within the company;
- Researches and collects complex information needed to complete project milestones and/or reports
- Handle ad hoc issues and projects, whenever required
- Make effective independent decisions, when necessary
- Creates monthly project financial reports in response to business needs; consolidates and analyzes results to provide variance analyses and performance metrics (eBanking, eWallets, credit cards, direct debits etc.)
- Works with management to identify process improvements
- Cross functional communication
Skills & competencies:
- 3+ years’ experience in Finance or related field and with 1+ years of management experience desirable
- Proven track record on working with process improvements;
- Knowledge about and experience with the payments processes;
- Passionate about travel industry and online payment methods;
- Ability to work well under pressure especially in a changing environment;
- Pro-active, enthusiastic and motivating Leader;
- Strong communication and analytical skills;
- Advanced English writing and speaking skills, any additional language is a strong plus;
- Ability to proactively drive the assigned projects and reach the preset objectives.
- Ability to recognize financial implications of business decisions and strategy.
- Ability to work on complex problems, analysis of situations or data. Requires in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Understanding of business practices and systems.
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office & SAP
- Organizational change management skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Good presentation and interpersonal skills.
The hiring company Booking.com International BV is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com International BV is looking for a Team Lead – Payment Operations. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com” refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Director of Product
Anne-Sophie oversees product managers and developers who create new features for Booking.com’s attractions, tours, and activity launches, ensuring travelers continue to have great experiences.
Back to top