Team Lead - Insights
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
Team Lead - Analytics (Security)
It wasn't so long ago that booking a trip to see the Eiffel Tower, stroll down New York's iconic Madison Avenue or feel the sand between our toes on Copacabana Beach was simply a matter of a few taps on our smartphone. In fact, that's what we do at Booking.com. We make it easier for everyone to experience the world. And while that world might feel a little farther away right now, we're busy preparing for when the world is ready to travel once more.
Across our offices worldwide, we continue to innovate. To solve for some of the most complex challenges in travel and technology, and to plan for the exciting developments that lie ahead. With strategic long-term investments into what we believe the future of travel can be, we are opening up new career opportunities that will have a strong impact on our mission. We are united in the belief that our very human desire to explore the planet's beauty and discover more about other people and cultures will endure. The world is waiting for us. Together, we will be ready.
At Booking.com BV data drives our decisions. Technology is at our core and innovation is everywhere. But our company is more than datasets, lines of code or A/B tests. Our Security team is dedicated to ensuring our customers, partners, employees and company are protected while experiencing the world and doing their best work.
We are looking for an Analytics Team Lead (Security) to join our talented and highly skilled Security team in our global headquarters in Amsterdam and lead a team of Reporting Analysts and Data Analysts. Ensuring timely delivery of objectives whilst developing their technical skills based on your own experience and best practices, as well as encouraging and fostering a learning environment within the team.
Additionally you will increase your knowledge in both cyber and fraud threats and their impact on a business, so that you can deliver data and reporting needs to key stakeholders.
You will work closely with the function leads in Security and key stakeholders across the business to understand and define the overall reporting and landscape, including audience, content and definitions, to ensure actionable and aligned data to steer the objectives of the Security Department.
- Work with various functions within Security and in the Analytics Community to define and optimize the Security reporting and analytics landscape.
- Implement and maintain a strategy of developing and maintaining dashboards and reports, optimizing the user experience and ease of use.
- Implement and maintain a strategy of developing business insights to enable strategic business decision making.
- Ensure alignment around the ownership and application of KPI definitions.
- Own the reporting and analytics roadmap for the team with clear objectives/milestones.
- Manage expectations of the wider Security department on how and when they can expect deliverables from your team -and what business purpose your deliverables serve.
- Grow team expertise and organizational capabilities
- Organize team structure to achieve strategic business priorities.
- Communicate recommendations supported by a compelling storyline to key stakeholders to ensure impact and drive change in the organization
- Work closely with Product, Big Data & Operations tracks to ensure the data modeling is scalable & robust for operational needs. For this point, you will be regarded as the key contact point.
- Be an effective Change Manager, leading the team through periods of change, displaying motivating and encouraging behaviors.
- Contribute to Booking.com's growth through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts
- 5+ years of experience with data visualization applications and techniques, direct experience with Tableau a plus.
- 2+ years in defining and driving reporting strategy (KPI definition, reporting landscape, etc.) within a team.
- 2+ years of people management experience as a first-line manager or equivalent
- Proven ability to derive and articulate insights from data across all levels of a large department and e-commerce company
- Experience in Business intelligence, translating complex business scenarios into actionable metrics.
- Understanding and experience with SQL and relational databases
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to recognize improvement opportunities on a continuous basis
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Experience with working on large scale websites is a plus
- Knowledge of the travel industry is a plus
- No 9-5 mentality
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt quickly to environment changes
- 1+ years of Fraud and/or Cyber Security knowledge is a plus
This position is open to candidates worldwide and for the right candidates we provide Visa and Relocation assistance for you and your family.
IT is the core of our business and we ensure that we give the best 'deal' possible, to our employees. Here is what you get:
- Living and working in Amsterdam, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real time impact of your work
- Working in a fast paced and performance driven culture
- Career Advancement via Online and On-the-job training, Hackathons, Conferences and active community participation
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and some great added perks of working in the home city of Booking.com
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
Back to top