Team Lead – Global Accounts Operations
We are looking for an energetic, proactive, experienced and talented Team Leader to lead the Global Accounts Operations Team based in Amsterdam.
The mission of the Global Accounts Operations is to optimize the Booking.com product by efficient planning, development and execution of projects on a global scale that is mainly related to our Chains partners.
You will provide the team with guidance and support in their daily work as well as their personal and professional development through coaching and mentoring skills.
Together with your peers and manager, you are expected to take an active role in developing processes and enhance the service level for the Operations Team according to business objectives and priorities. You will also need to be able to identify the impact of actions/projects on business in order to allocate resources based on current priorities, set deadlines and critically look at the team’s involvement in projects and execution.
A large part of the team’s work is to help achieve our new partnership and performance targets by creating and maintaining our Rentals and Global Chains inventory. In addition, we help other teams within Global Accounts as well as other departments, to achieve their objectives. Such as bulk actions & project execution is possible through the use of large-scale data and a number of bulk tools and programs such as MySQL and Selenium.
The workload of the team is very diverse and subject to regular change, so we are looking for someone who is truly flexible, eager to constantly learn new things and always looking for ways to improve the way we work. This is an excellent opportunity to challenge yourself in your career and to strive towards operational excellence.
- Be responsible for part of the team’s workload, both on a higher overview and priority level and in terms of technical and operational details
- Find ways to optimize execution and improve efficiency
- Frequently communicate with other teams and departments, as well as external partners, representing the team in stakeholder meetings and discussions
- Liaise with Product Owners (and occasionally directly with IT developers), in order to get the technical and tooling needs of the team prioritized and worked on
- Manage escalations and take ownership of situations to ensure speedy resolutions and effective communication to all stakeholders
- Manage the workload distribution amongst the team, and encourage high levels of performance in line with strict deadlines and quality standards
- Manage the performance and personal development of your direct reports
- Be an effective Change Manager, leading the team through periods of change, displaying motivating and encouraging behaviors
- Conduct quarterly performance conversations and end-of-year appraisals
- Create and support an environment orientated to open communication, creative thinking, cohesive team effort and trust
- Create and stimulate commercial awareness amongst the GA Operations team
- Maintain the teams focus together with the Global Accounts Area Manager
- Be involved in the recruiting process of new team members
- Enthusiastic, service minded and motivating team leader
- Be a role model for the Booking.com values
- Solution oriented
- Experience with people management (1+ years) is required
- Ability to give constructive feedback
- Commercially minded and result driven
- Good knowledge of Booking.com systems, Extranet
- A ‘getting things done’ mentality
- Proactive, flexible and capable of working independently
- Interested in technical processes and optimization of working methods
- Target-oriented and very good analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with MySQL is preferable
- Ability to multi-task & flexible attitude
- Excellent knowledge of the English language, more languages are desirable
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Team Lead – Global Accounts Operations in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to “Booking.com” refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Director of Product
Anne-Sophie oversees product managers and developers who create new features for Booking.com’s attractions, tours, and activity launches, ensuring travelers continue to have great experiences.
Back to top