Team Lead – Customer Service
The company requires a Customer Service Team Lead to assist the Customer Service Manager to motivate and lead the Shanghai based Customer Service team and to provide outstanding levels of customer service to Booking.com customers and hotel partners. You will work 40 hours a week and you are responsible for leading a team of Customer Service Executives as well as for conducting other Customer Service tasks.
This role is ideal for an articulate, energetic and enthusiastic customer service professional with leadership flair and ability to motivate others. As well as experience within a customer services or customer-facing role you will be passionate about providing the best possible levels of customer services and have experience in or potential to run a highly motivated, dynamic and efficient team.
You possess strong communication skills, both oral and written, and of course, excellent leadership, coaching and mentoring abilities. You should be efficient, organized, adaptable and capable of working on your own initiative in carrying out your day-to-day data tasks with limited need for supervision. You should be skilled at multi-tasking and able to co-ordinate a variety of tasks.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Coach and counsel to drive improvements in the team;
- Implement and execute company policies and procedures and setting priorities;
- Assure strong quality as well as productivity standards within your team;
- Address good and bad behaviors in the team;
- Maintain performance, productivity and attendance information;
- Drive the team in order to achieve requested departmental targets;
- Manage escalated complaints of hoteliers as well as customers by phone and e-mail, if necessary;
- In collaboration with other Customer Service Team Leads monitor Customer Service activities and performance on a daily basis;
- Conduct monthly 1-2-1 meetings with CSE's of your team (ca. 15 CSE's) to maintain focus and motivation on Customer Service standards and targets;
- Assist in and conduct, mid- and end-of- year performance reviews;
- Schedule and distribute tasks and projects within the team;
- Coach and develop the team to be commercially aware when handling customer calls
- Be an effective Change Manager, who knows how to handle periods of change and lead a team through such periods, displaying motivating and encouraging behaviors;
- Ensure coverage of TL line during opening hours;
- Collaborating with HR in the recruitment process of new CSEs and ASEs;
- Building strong relationships with other departments within the company;
- Replace and carry out activities of other Team Leads or the Customer Service Manager if needed;
- Administrative tasks;
- Assist in additional tasks and projects if needed.
- Capacity to lead and motivate a team;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Good understanding of contact centre's KPI's and SLA's;
- Customer service and results focus;
- Enthusiasm and ability to work in a team as well as independently;
- Analytical skills;
- Proactive and able to complete tasks within specified deadline;
- Professional, proactive, positive and "can-do" attitude;
- Sense of responsibility, independent way to work;
- Fluent in English and Mandarin, both written and spoken;
- 1-3 years relevant experience in a team leading position is a must, preferably in an inbound customer contact center;
- Experience in a tourism environment is preferable;
- Proven experience in performance management, call monitoring, call center software and agent development;
- Proven and demonstrated high performance track record;
- Coaching experience is preferred.
The hiring company Booking.com Customer Service Center (Shanghai) Co. Ltd. is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in China. Booking.com Customer Service Center (Shanghai) Co. Ltd. is looking for a Team Lead - Customer Service. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Commercial Owner, New Partnerships
Morten looks at how to make the process of adding commercial partnerships more efficient and profitable. His main goal is adding accommodation partners to the platform to help Booking.com grow.
Back to top