Team Lead – Customer Service
We are looking for an enthusiastic Customer Service Team Lead to join our Amsterdam office, due to the rapid and continuous growth of the organization. We offer a dynamic, motivating and sophisticated work environment with a culture that is open, innovative and performance orientated. Our scale and scope, commitment to people and high standards of integrity make Booking.com a great place to work. If you would like to be part of our team in Amsterdam and you think you can make a difference, have a closer look at this job opening.
For this role, we are looking for candidates able to work in regular shift patterns.
This unique position is a great opportunity for an energetic, open-minded, inspiring people manager to effectively lead, motivate and develop a team of about 15 talented multilingual Customer Service Executives.
Exercising excellent leadership and communication skills you develop and coach an international team in an environment that embraces change, cultivate service excellence, productivity, growth, empowerment, teamwork and high self-esteem.
You report directly to the Customer Service Manager of this location.
This role is ideal for an articulate, energetic and enthusiastic customer service professional with leadership flair and ability to motivate others. As well as experience within a customer services or customer-facing role you will be passionate about providing the best possible levels of customer services and have experience in or potential to run a highly motivated, dynamic and efficient team.
You possess strong communication skills, both oral and written, and of course, excellent leadership, coaching and mentoring abilities. You should be efficient, organized, adaptable and capable of working on your own initiative in carrying out your day-to-day data tasks with limited need for supervision. You should be skilled at multi-tasking and able to co-ordinate a variety of tasks.
- Coach and counsel to drive improvements in the team;
- Implement and execute company policies and procedures and setting priorities;
- Assure strong quality as well as productivity standards within your team;
- Track and monitor performance levels, and manage underperformance;
- Conduct monthly 1-2-1 meetings with CSEs of your team to maintain focus and motivation on Customer Service standards and targets;
- Prepare and conduct quarterly performance reviews and keep track of progress during the year;
- Drive the team in order to achieve requested departmental targets;
- Manage escalated complaints of hoteliers as well as customers by phone and e-mail, if necessary;
- In collaboration with other Customer Service Team Leads monitor Customer Service activities and performance on a daily basis;
- Schedule and distribute tasks and projects within the team;
- Coach and develop the team to be commercially aware when handling customer calls;
- Be an effective Change Manager, who knows how to handle periods of change and lead a team through such periods, displaying motivating and encouraging behaviours;
- Ensure coverage of TL line during opening hours;
- Collaborating with HR in the recruitment process of new CSEs and ASEs;
- Building strong relationships with other departments within the company;
- Replace and carry out activities of other Team Leads or the Customer Service Manager if needed;
- Assist in additional tasks and projects if needed.
- Minimum 2-year people management experience in an international environment;
- Business proficiency in English and preferably another language;
- Passionate about people development and coaching;
- Ability to work well under pressure especially in a changing environment;
- Pro-active, enthusiastic and motivating personality;
- Strong communication and analytical skills;
- Experience within a customer support services;
- Ability to work weekend and late shifts
The hiring company Booking.com Customer Service Center (Netherlands) B.V. is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com Customer Service Center (Netherlands) B.V. is looking for a Team Lead - Customer Service. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Back to top