Team Lead Credit Control
Due to the rapid and continuous growth of the organization, the tasks and duties of this role may evolve over time. You should be keen to develop and grow within the role and to take on additional challenges and responsibilities as they occur. In this role you report directly to the Area Manager Credit Control of Booking.com.
The Team Leader Credit Control will streamline and implement smarter processes within Credit Control with the Area Manager Credit Control. Clear objectives will be given in terms of:
- Collection of open invoices
- Team Development
- Scalable solutions
- Cross functional communication
- Increase growth of company
- Improving cycle times like DSO, cash allocation and delivery of invoices
Due to these objectives, the Team Leader Credit Control will acquire an in-depth knowledge of Booking's business and internal organization and will prepare him/her -self to a broader managerial role.
Key factors of success in this role are a very sharp understanding of the business priorities, strong transversal communication skills and, above all, the capacity to drive projects and reach the pre-set objectives, as well as people management skills.
Key focus points:
- Manage work process skills
- Drive progress within the organization through simple and targeted action plans. Implement short term loops of progress (= tackle the issues one by one at a high pace)
- Be a clear leader and a role model for the team
- Create best practice and share with peers
- Be a business partner with hotels team on several different levels
- Create an out-of-the-box mind set to improve customer payment behaviour and processes
- Coaching sessions with team members
- Be the owner of Key Performance Indicators like Current Collection, % received cash, within 30 days, 60 days and 90 days.
- Ensure adherence to company policies and applicable governmental regulations.
- Liaise with peers and stakeholders across the business to create successful roll outs
- Ability to lead and coach a diverse and multicultural team.
- Ability to analyze data and identify trends.
- Planning skills
- Managing and developing yourself and team
- Strategic/longer term contribution
- Functional technical skills
- Subject matter expert
- Travel will be part of the role
Skills & competencies:
- 2 years of management experience necessary.
- 3-5 years' experience in Finance or related field preferred.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills (other European languages a plus).
- Ability to proactively drive the assigned projects and reach the preset objectives.
- Advanced communication and transversal management skills.
- Ability to recognize financial implications of business decisions and strategy.
- Ability to work on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Understanding of business practices and systems.
- Facilitate and practice security and confidentiality of information.
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office & SAP
- Knowledge of audit and internal control issues.
- Organizational change management skills.
- Organizational design and effectiveness knowledge.
- Process development skills.
- Technical decision making skills.
- Quality improvement skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Good presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Interactions: Regularly interacts with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions, and/or customers. Require the ability to change the thinking, mindset of or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations.
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Team Lead Credit Control in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Commercial Owner, New Partnerships
Morten looks at how to make the process of adding commercial partnerships more efficient and profitable. His main goal is adding accommodation partners to the platform to help Booking.com grow.
Back to top