Team Lead Credit Control
Due to the rapid and continuous growth of the organisation, the tasks and duties of this role may evolve over time. You should be keen to develop and grow within the role and to take on additional challenges and responsibilities as they occur. In this role you report directly to the Area Manager Credit Control of Booking.com
- The Team Leader Credit Control will streamline and implement smarter processes within Credit Control with the Area Manager Credit Control. Clear objectives will be given in terms of:
- Collection of open invoices
- Team Development
- Scalable solutions
- Cross functional communication
- Increase growth of company
- Improving cycle times like DSO, cash allocation and delivery of invoices
Due to these objectives, the Team Leader Credit Control will acquire an in-depth knowledge of Booking’s business and internal organization and will prepare him/her -self to a broader managerial role.
Key factors of success in this role are a very sharp understanding of the business priorities, strong transversal communication skills and, above all, the capacity to drive projects and reach the pre-set objectives, as well as people management skills.
- Manage work process skills
- Drive progress within the organization through simple and targeted action plans. Implement short term loops of progress (= tackle the issues one by one at a high pace)
- Be a clear leader and a role model for the team
- Create best practice and share with peers
- Be a business partner with hotels team on several different levels
- Create an out-of-the-box mind set to improve customer payment behaviour and processes
- Coaching sessions with team members
- Be the owner of Key Performance Indicators like Current Collection, % received cash, within 30 days, 60 days and 90 days.
- Ensure adherence to company policies and applicable governmental regulations.
- Liaise with peers and stakeholders across the business to create successful roll outs
- Ability to lead and coach a diverse and multicultural team.
- Ability to analyze data and identify trends.
- Planning skills
- Managing and developing yourself and team
- Strategic/longer term contribution
- Functional technical skills
- Subject matter expert
- Travel will be part of the role
Skills & competencies:
- Excellent English and Mandarin verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to proactively drive the assigned projects and reach the preset objectives.
- Advanced communication and transversal management skills.
- Ability to recognize financial implications of business decisions and strategy.
- Ability to work on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Understanding of business practices and systems.
- Facilitate and practice security and confidentiality of information.
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office & SAP
- Knowledge of audit and internal control issues.
- Organizational change management skills.
- Organizational design and effectiveness knowledge.
- Process development skills.
- Technical decision making skills.
- Quality improvement skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Good presentation and interpersonal skills.
- 5-7 years’ experience in Finance or related field and with 1-2 years of management experience desirable
- You live in Shanghai and do not require work pass sponsorship to work in China
The hiring company Booking.com (Shanghai) Ltd is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in China. Booking.com (Shanghai) Ltd is looking for a Team Lead Credit Control. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com” refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Director of Product
Anne-Sophie oversees product managers and developers who create new features for Booking.com’s attractions, tours, and activity launches, ensuring travelers continue to have great experiences.
Back to top