Team Lead – Content Writer
The Translations and Content Agency at Booking.com B.V. is looking for a candidate with senior experience in content writing for global online brands.
Based in London, you will report to the Copy Manager in Amsterdam – leading and developing a small team of high-performing writers producing copy at scale, as well as maintaining a hands-on writing role yourself. You will monitor performance in line with KPIs and stay in regular contact with our Amsterdam headquarters.
You are passionate about copy quality and can balance this with business demand for large volumes of content, informing potential needs for team growth and skills development. You’ll also have proven your ability to build relationships with a focus on delivering the best possible service to stakeholders.
This role requires an individual with strong knowledge of, and experience in, online content writing, best practices and industry trends. You will use your expertise to support the Agency vision to deliver top quality, cost-effective writing services at scale and at speed. Furthermore, you will need to be available to travel to Amsterdam and local offices.
We offer excellent conditions of employment and possibilities for further career growth. The compensation package consists of fixed salary, quarterly bonus and a range of other benefits.
- Team workload management to ensure delivery and improvement on KPI targets
- Assessment of copy quality and maintenance of defined quality standards
- Developing team skills
- Ensuring that direct reports are engaged with the company vision and Agency strategy
- Building strong working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders across the business
- HR tasks (performance reviews, training, and recruitment)
- Supporting team in their personal development
Required Skills and Experience:
- Fluent English speaker and writer
- Proven expertise within a professional writing capacity at a senior level
- A minimum of 1 year’s experience in a management function, leading and coaching a team
- Excellent understanding of localising content
- Practical, pragmatic and business focused
- Strong collaborator and willingness to partner with colleagues
- Pro-active, sense of responsibility and ability to work independently
- Exceptional communication skills
- Thrives in high-pressure, fast-paced environments
- Analytical skills (ability to interpret data and draw conclusions to make business decisions)
- Positive attitude
The hiring company Booking.com Ltd. is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in United Kingdom. Booking.com Ltd. is looking for a Team Lead – Content Writer. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com” refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Director of Product
Anne-Sophie oversees product managers and developers who create new features for Booking.com’s attractions, tours, and activity launches, ensuring travelers continue to have great experiences.
Back to top