Team Lead - Case Management
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
The Case Management Team is a newly formed Centre of Excellence within the Booking.com HR structure, designed to support and ensure seamless coordination of long-term and/or complex sickness absence cases.
As the Team Leader of this function, you will lead a team of 4-6 specialists in this field. Your team will be the single point of contact for managers, HR Advisory and employees with regards to absence cases and is responsible for ensuring compliance with both the Dutch Gatekeeper Act and the company's internal policies with regards to sickness absence. The Case Managers are also the single point of contact to the external Arbo services (e.g. Company Doctor, mediator, etc).
Your team will ensure our employees and people managers get optimal support in order to shorten the amount of time before sustainable reintegration as much as possible, by providing them advice, instructions and status-updates. Your team proactively identifies areas for improvement with regard to managing sickness and actively advise the company when there are opportunities for interventions and or to improve our policies and processes around sickness management.
- Manages a team of 4-6 Case Managers and is end accountable for quality of case management in the Netherlands.
- Creating, defining, and maintaining policies and processes for sickness management using strong Project Management experience
- Serves as the escalation point of contact for external vendors such as Arbo service and specialists.
- Provides HR Directors and Leadership Teams with regular reporting and advice on company/NL policy with regards to managing sickness and wellbeing.
- Positions themself as the subject matter expert, with experience and ability to deliver training, and help maintain a level of understanding and topic knowledge in the HR Advisory community and people managers (over 1000+ employees) in the Netherlands.
- Owns relationships with vendors, participates in tenders (sickness related services and benefits) in cooperation with Centre of Excellence's and Procurement.
- Own the full project and change life cycle of programs/value streams
- Stakeholder management with internal departments
- 2+ years People Management experience in an HR Advisory or Case Management environment
- Some knowledge (and experience) of Gatekeeper act ( Wet Verbetering Poortwachter).
- Excellent analytical skills, able to quickly get to the core of a situation. (interpret data and see trends within in order to find effective solutions)
- Ability to structure work and effectively drive adherence to the applicable calendar/action plan from all stakeholders.
- Able to develop, support and deliver people strategies
- Experience managing the full project and change lifecycle and achieve business results
- Ability to effectively manage expectations and escalate to relevant stakeholders when applicable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (to deal with sensitive, personal cases)
Back to top