Team Effectiveness Coach
“We proactively help individuals blossom and teams flourish so they can drive their own growth”
Are you up for joining one of the coolest companies in Amsterdam? Do you want to have an impact? Okay, maybe we’re a bit biased…at Booking.com we enjoy being part of the fast growing travel industry and we are looking for an experienced Team Effectiveness Coach to strengthen the Technology Talent Development team. Below we describe our average day, read on to see if this sound like it could be you!
It’s 8:00 on Monday morning, and I’m walking into the office. I love starting on time as the rest of Technology is still asleep, meaning I have time to check over my emails and prepare for the week ahead! I take my laptop, my headphones and my notebook up to the 5th floor. Like every other morning, I get myself a coffee and walk to the table near the window. I settle down in my favourite spot, giving me a beautiful view of the Amsterdam sunrise over the old buildings and canals. Headphones in my ears, music on loud and I take a look at my calendar. A retrospective this afternoon, and a coaching session with one of the developers, plus tomorrow’s off-site to prepare for. I have a rough plan on how to facilitate the session with 6 teams and 30 people, but I do have to put more thought in it. I take a note that I have to discuss the results of our high team performance survey with one of our team leaders, as they don’t look promising. I was planning on doing this last Friday, but life happened and I ended up facilitating a brainstorm session, a retrospective, and giving a surprise presentation for the leadership team on peer feedback, a normal day at Booking.com for an Team Effectiveness Coach! Oh yes, almost forgot, I’m delivering the team leader training on Thursday and I have to prepare to explain the Agile Frameworks to the participants. I better get started with the day.
As you can see above you have to respond to change, be flexible and recognize that we use Agile in our own way. Each team is different and unique, and they adapt the agile frameworks to their needs. Do you think you can hit the ground running and join our awesome team and company?
What will you do?
- Facilitate learning and development through individual and team coaching, deliver trainings, facilitate workshops and offsites.
- Coach teams through tough challenges, and empower them to reach their potential.
- Notice trends and act as an advisor with management, while maintaining a safe coaching environment.
- Proactively look for improvements and come up with new and innovative ways of working.
- Act as an Agile thought leader for our Technology department.
Who you are:
- You have at least 2 years experience working as a ScrumMaster and/or Team Effectiveness Coach.
- You have experience facilitating teams working within technology.
- You have experience with team and individual coaching.
- You have outstanding facilitation skills.
- You are flexible and embrace change.
- You have strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail.
- You proactively take initiative and are able to multi-task and prioritize.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work with diverse personality types.
- You have exceptional communication, organization, and time management skills.
- You have affinity with technology.
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential. We also offer what we call the “Booking Deal” with other competitive perks and benefits. IT also has monthly hackathons, training and presence at global conferences.
This position is open to candidates with full working rights in the Netherlands.
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Team Effectiveness Coach in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to “Booking.com” refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Director of Product
Anne-Sophie oversees product managers and developers who create new features for Booking.com’s attractions, tours, and activity launches, ensuring travelers continue to have great experiences.
Back to top