Systems Engineer – Platform
Booking.com is looking for a System Engineer with experience in the design, build, implementation and maintenance of scalable System Infrastructure and Core Business Solutions both on-premise and in the cloud. In this role you will be required to drive constant innovation and steer the IT Services Infrastructure team across technical challenges, develop solutions that provide efficiency in daily operations, standardize configurations across the enterprise, support, maintain and develop complex technical solutions in a large and geographically distributed office environment.B.responsible
- Design, develop and implement solutions that improve the stability, scalability, availability and latency of core IT Infrastructure services.
- Combine your knowledge and expertise with the goals of our business to support and maintain a world-class infrastructure and to enable our continued growth.
- Facilitate technical discussions and decision making in order to ensure reliability, continuity, scalability and performance of our global systems.
- Proactively monitor, configure and maintain the existing systems and identify possibilities for improvement.
- Build, enhance and maintain tooling and scripts to automate repetitive tasks.
- Share the on-call rotation and be an escalation contact for incidents.
- Install, upgrade, administer and support new systems and new functionalities to meet business growth and changing business requirements.
- Act as an escalation point of contact for the IT Services teams to help resolve more complex issues that arise;
- Interface with other departments and work with system users to define their needs, identify problems, evaluate potential solutions, and demonstrate, install and implement improvements.
- Be capable of working pro-actively and independently in carrying out your day-to-day role, with limited need for supervision.
- At least 5 year hands-on system administration experience on Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 (detailed knowledge of OS components and server roles such as AD Domain Controllers, Terminal Servers, DNS, DFS and DHCP).
- Knowledge of cloud based solutions such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform.
- Solid understanding of systems architectural design in a large distributed environment.
- Advanced knowledge of configuration management and provisioning tools such as Puppet, Chef and DSC.
- In-depth experience with Microsoft Powershell or other scripting languages.
- Good understanding of IT Security principles, including certificates, network and server security.
- Strong problem solving skills and creative. Not afraid to step outside of your comfort zone.
- You are customer focused, a team player and should be fluent in the English language both spoken and written.
Exposure to the following is an advantage:
- Experience managing virtualized environments (VMWare and Hyper-V) including VSAN.
- Experience configuring and managing Load Balancers
- Experience with Linux based servers
- Knowledge of Agile methodology key aspects and ability to work in an agile context.
B.offeredWe are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential. We also offer what we call the "Booking Deal" with other competitive perks and benefits. This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam.
The hiring company Booking.com International Services B.V. is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com International Services B.V. is looking for a Systems Engineer - Platform. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Commercial Owner, New Partnerships
Morten looks at how to make the process of adding commercial partnerships more efficient and profitable. His main goal is adding accommodation partners to the platform to help Booking.com grow.
Back to top