Systems Engineer – Endpoints
Booking.com is looking for a System Engineer with experience in the design, build, implementation and maintenance of scalable System Infrastructures and Core Business Applications both on-premise and in the cloud. In this role you will be required to drive constant innovation and steer the IT Services Infrastructure team across technical challenges, develop solutions that provide efficiency in daily operations, standardize configurations across the enterprise, support, maintain and develop complex technical solutions in a large and geographically distributed office environment.B.responsible
- In this role you are responsible for further design, develop and manage a wide range of products and technologies.
- Combine your knowledge and expertise with the goals of our business to support and maintain a world-class infrastructure and to enable our continued growth;
- Facilitate technical discussions and decision making in order to ensure reliability, continuity, scalability and performance of our global systems;
- Research, analyze, monitor, configure and maintain the existing systems and identify possibilities for improvement;
- Design and develop business-critical systems to meet user needs and respond to/anticipate on technological advancements;
- Create advanced scripts to satisfy operational automation use cases where needed;
- Install, upgrade, administer and support new systems and new functionalities to meet business growth and changing business requirements;
- Act as an escalation point of contact for the IT Services teams to help resolve more complex issues that arise;
- Interface with other departments and work with system users to define their needs, identify problems, evaluate potential solutions, and demonstrate, install and implement improvements;
- Be capable of working pro-actively and independently in carrying out your day-to-day role, with limited need for supervision.
- Advanced knowledge of enterprise desktop deployment services for example SCCM, JAMF, Munki, Puppet or Ansible.
- Solid experience in systems architectural design;
- Knowledge of cloud based solutions such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services and G Suite;
- At least 5 year hands-on system administration experience on Windows Server 2008/2012/2016;
- Hands-on experience with automation through Powershell or other scripting languages;
- Good understanding of IT Security principles, including endpoint protection (antivirus, mobile encryption, certificates), network and server security;
- You are customer focused, a team player and should be fluent in the English language both spoken and written.
- Knowledge of Agile methodology key aspects and ability to work in an agile context is a plus.
B.offeredWe are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential. We also offer what we call the "Booking Deal" with other competitive perks and benefits. This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam.
The hiring company Booking.com International Services B.V. is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com International Services B.V. is looking for a Systems Engineer - Endpoints. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Commercial Owner, New Partnerships
Morten looks at how to make the process of adding commercial partnerships more efficient and profitable. His main goal is adding accommodation partners to the platform to help Booking.com grow.
Back to top