Statutory GL Accountant - Corporate Accounting
It wasn't so long ago that booking a trip to see the Eiffel Tower, stroll down New York's iconic Madison Avenue or feel the sand between our toes on Copacabana Beach was simply a matter of a few taps on our smartphone.
In fact, that's what we do at Booking.com. We make it easier for everyone to experience the world. And while that world might feel a little farther away right now, we're busy preparing for when the world is ready to travel once more.
Across our offices worldwide, we continue to innovate. To solve for some of the most complex challenges in travel and technology, and to plan for the exciting developments that lie ahead. With strategic long-term investments into what we believe the future of travel can be, we are opening up new career opportunities that will have a strong impact on our mission.
We are united in the belief that our very human desire to explore the planet's beauty and discover more about other people and cultures will endure. The world is waiting for us. Together, we will be ready.
We are looking for a GL Accountant to join our EMEA Statutory Accounting Team in our office in Amsterdam. You will report to the Team Lead and work closely together with other departments in our Amsterdam office. The tasks and duties of this role may evolve over time. You will be keen to develop and grow within the role and to take on additional challenges and responsibilities as they occur.
- Schedule, monitor, and complete the various statutory compliance filings for Booking.com EMEA regional entities, including statutory financial statements, corporate tax returns, statistical reports, and other local statutory filings.
- Work closely with members of the financial operations team to ensure recorded accounting entries are properly reflected in the statutory financial statements and other compliance documents.
- Work closely with Tax, Payroll, Legal, and other departments to ensure compliance with local statutory reporting requirements.
- Interface with local accounting providers to create and review the local statutory financial statements for various EMEA entities by converting US GAAP books to local GAAPs.
- Proactively communicate with external auditors and effectively manage the audit process (both statutory financial statements and tax audits) to ensure audits are completed timely and accurately. Respond to auditor requests in a timely manner.
- Participate in region initiatives and projects. Support global accounting or broader projects.
- Identify and solve issues in direct work to benefit the whole team.
- Be a team player and work collectively to establish the most effective finance processes.
- Embrace and rapidly adapt to change to our dynamic work environment.
- Minimum 3-5 years of Accounting experience with a strong financial statement analysis and/or auditing background
- Big4 experience (audit) considered a plus
- Sound knowledge of US GAAP/IFRS
- Candidates should understand how financial statements are prepared, how the statements tie together, how to review financial statements, and understand auditor requests
- Takes ownership for responsibilities with a positive attitude
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proactive self-starter, resourceful, highly organized with strong work ethic
- Solution-oriented and result-driven
- Capable of working independently as well as working in a team
- Strong prioritization and project management skills
- Experience with SAP is preferred
- Fluent in spoken and written English