Sr. User Researcher
Data Science, Analytics & Research – Amsterdam, Netherlands
The Booking.com User Research team is looking for a Senior User Researcher to join our large team in our headquarters in the center of Amsterdam. Help us define the future of travel working on our new products!
You are an experienced researcher with a strong, working understanding of a wide range of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies applied in an consumer facing environment. You know when to engage with teams across Design, Product and Engineering, what questions to ask, where to probe, and how to implement the most effective research strategies especially in the early stages of the product life cycle. You thrive in a rapidly changing environment and enjoy setting your own research goals, managing load and expectations, and delivering actionable research findings and recommendations. You are passionate about our industry and believe great experiences are always inspired by a deep understanding of the user.
- Participate in leveraging the Research Strategy in the early stages of the product development process
- Work with Design, Engineering and Product to build in research at multiple stages of the product development process
- Partner with product development teams to identify where we should evaluate ideas, concepts, and existing experiences, and assist the team in making critical design decisions affecting the user experience
- Facilitate evidence-based product and design decisions
- Develop and innovate on our mixed-methods user research practice
- Communicate and share research findings to inform and drive business decisions.
- Help improving and innovating our existing Research processes.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, or related field
- Extensive experience conducting user experience research in an digital consumer facing environment – with a good understanding of both qualitative and quantitative methods
- In-depth understanding of user-centered design principles and tools
- Ability to translate sometimes complex research findings into actionable insights
- Ability to lead a research study from beginning to end independently.
- Strong sense of independence, ownership, and initiative. Ability to self-direct and manage what to work on, how to get it done, and when to deliver
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to manage multiple strategic projects in a fast-paced organization.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Strong analytical and presentation skills.
How do we work?
- Every researcher works with one area of the company (a 'track'). The researcher community meets regularly and collaborates on overarching topics and goals.
- We work independently with our teams, you'll be responsible for prioritizing your own work.
The Booking Deal
- You'll get a yearly 1000 euro discount on accommodations booked through Booking.com.
- You have a lot of responsibility and freedom to prioritize work and to develop yourself.
- You'll get a very international, talented and fun team of colleagues from around the world (to mention a few: China, Brazil, Moldova, US, New Zealand, South Africa and more!)
- This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam. We have successfully relocated 300+ Technology professionals to Amsterdam in the last year!
So, if you're a great researcher and communicator, and comfortable working in a challenging and exciting environment, get in touch!
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Sr. User Researcher in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Partner Marketing Manager
Julie determines which marketing programs will deliver the strongest results for Booking.com business partners in order to ensure long, strong, and successful relationships.
Back to top