Sr. Risk Manager – Payments
We are looking for a Senior Risk Manager to join the Risk & Controls organization specifically focusing on the Payments track.
We continuously strive to improve all aspects of our performance, and this position represents a new and exciting opportunity for you to join a fast growing, motivated team of professionals in Amsterdam.
As a Senior Risk Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the leadership team of the business unit to identify, assess and mitigate legal, regulatory, operational and strategic risk thus developing a comprehensive view on the business unit's risk taking activities. In your role as partner to these business lines you will assist informed decision making by providing transparency into strategic and operational risk exposures, while focusing on embedding risk processes within the day-to-day business operations. Successful risk management requires dynamic individuals who are able to liaise with various stakeholders and foster collaboration, integrate perspectives and drive to business beneficial outcomes.
Risk & Controls organization is a new team, so you will have a great opportunity to build and shape the scope as the team evolves. You will collaborate with other professionals that are experienced in the fields of Risk, Controls, Fraud, Cyber Security, Privacy and Internal Audit, who will help you to learn, grow and provide you the freedom to experiment. Such is also part of the culture of Booking.com.
B.Responsible: key areas of responsibility will include, but are not limited to
- You will be responsible for managing a small team (max 3 people) to support the Payment business unit in all risk management activities.
- Build strong relations with the Leadership Team of the allocated business units , external business partners and internal auditor as it will be imperative to drive risk management culture and implementation.
- Help define and implement the risk management framework for B.com with the objective of ensuring robust risk management for positive business outcomes.
- Develop, coordinate and implement the risk management plan for the business unit.
- Follow up on risks and actions identified in the annual Enterprise Risk Assessment for the business units under your responsibility.
- Provide guidance and support to Control Operations team in designing and implementing appropriate controls to strengthen the control environment, mitigate the company risks and support the business in achieving objectives.
- Contribute to Booking.com’s growth through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts.
- Provide training on risk processes to ensure an adequate risk culture and awareness at each business unit level.
- Develop the capacity and capability within the business units to effectively and efficiently manage risk.
- 7+ years of experience in a Risk Management or Compliance role in a payment organisation
- Strong knowledge of payment licence requirements, payment process compliance, AML, PCI, chargebacks, payment fraud
- Experience in managing teams and comfortable with senior stakeholder engagement (Directors, Audit partners)
- Able to drive change and solution oriented
- Great communicator, quick thinker & confident in decision making
- Independent & autonomous, while still a strong team player
- Enthusiastic, self-starting and thrives in changing, agile environments
- Experience with large e-commerce or tech companies is advantageous
- Fully comfortable working in English, both written and spoken
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonus. We also offer what is called the "Booking Deal" with competitive benefits. This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in The Netherlands
The hiring company Booking.com International BV is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com International BV is looking for a Sr. Risk Manager - Payments. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Partner Marketing Manager
Julie determines which marketing programs will deliver the strongest results for Booking.com business partners in order to ensure long, strong, and successful relationships.
Back to top