Sr. Product Owner – Cyber Security Defensive Technology & Operations
Booking.com is the 3rd largest e-commerce company in the world and the largest vertical B2C provider in the world. We are looking for the best technically focussed security leaders to join our organisation who can work in a strong team environment to shape our strategy and drive delivery to protect our customers and partners from security threats. We believe that the passion and talent of our employees is our strength - it is what drives us towards outstanding performance. We offer a dynamic, motivating and sophisticated work environment. A culture that is open, innovative and performance orientated. Our scale and scope, commitment to people and high standards of integrity make Booking.com a great place to work.
As a Sr. Product Owner for defensive operations you will be responsible for developing critical aspects of the company’s cyber security capabilities. The role will be specifically responsible for developing a threat informed strategy focussing on detection and response and take ownership of the delivery roadmap. You will be fully embedded within the cyber security attack analysis and visibility teams working on execution and driving intraday decisions to ensure full end to end benefit realisation and ultimately bring the security capabilities of the company to the next level. Being part of the Booking.com security team will provide you with the opportunity to learn and develop your skills in a truly world leading security practice.
You will report to the Director of Security Engineering.
- Develop the operational and technical strategy for the Cyber Security teams focussing on detection and response at both process and technical level.
- Define and deliver process excellence across the detection and response level
- Analyze key metrics (KPI, KRI) to measure performance
- Understand the full breadth of cyber security threats and associated TTP's and operationalizing these in large scale detection and hunting programs.
- Provide data and threat driven insights into improvement opportunities
- Manage tradeoffs between tactical priorities and strategic fit
- Communicate with other teams and departments across the business to drive Security initiatives end-to-end and support business needs
- Develop security auto-regression testing to assure continuous assurance in operations
- Drive engineering teams to deliver impactful results
- 8+ years of senior experience in the field of Cyber Security management
- Be a thought leader who values excellence and is able to deliver on the foundational level and bring innovative and original thinking to the role
- Able to lead through influence and respect, and inspire and motivate people toward excellence
- Excellent knowledge of defensive operations and engineering (system and application level security)
- Have experience in delivering real time big data processing infrastructure at scale
- Demonstrates the ability to make decisions, assess and resolve problems effectively
- Strong business focus and the ability to prioritize tasks accordingly; highly organized and able to keep track of all moving parts across the domains of responsibility
- Excellent stakeholder management with the ability to develop consensus across diverse communities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a "can do" attitude toward problem solving. Successful experience in working with remote teams is a plus
- Wide knowledge of and experience with common industry frameworks and methodologies and practical experience on pragmatic operation in these areas e.g. NIST CSF; OWASP, SANS; OCSP; Red / Purple Team activities, threat modelling
- Fully comfortable working in English, both written and spoken
- Enthusiastic, self-starting and enjoy new initiatives
- Collaborate and support colleagues across the organization, while still able to work independently
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential. We also offer what we call the "Booking Deal" with other competitive perks and benefits.
This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam. We have successfully relocated 300+ Technology professionals to in the last year!
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. All references to "Booking.com” refer to Booking.com BV.
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Sr. Product Owner - Cyber Security Defensive Technology & Operations in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Back to top