Sr. Product Manager
Who are we?
Do you want to redefine the way travelers explore the world? Join us in beautiful Amsterdam as a senior product manager!
Booking.com is the world's leading accommodation site, but boasts a small, start-up feel. Our vision is to provide the best accommodations at the best prices for all our travelers, no matter what their travel purpose or budget may be. With over 1 million room nights booked every day in our 855,000+ accommodations worldwide, our mission is to make travel, experience and exploration accessible for everyone, everywhere. As our business is constantly growing, we are looking for product owners to join our team, impact our users on a daily basis and take our product to the next level.
Who are you?
Be the voice of the customer and the driving force behind product innovation from in-depth product understanding and feature development through to experimentation.
- You are a smart, hands-on and creative people manager with natural leadership skills, with 5 – 7+ years of experience. You are an entrepreneur and self-motivating.
- User-focused individual who keeps the customer at the heart of everything you do, while having strong commercial awareness.
- Passionate about product development and constantly looking for ways to improve it.
- Data-driven. Base your decisions on facts rather than opinions.
- A go-getter who isn't afraid to get their hands dirty and dives into a project to achieve success by problem-solving.
- Self-motivated and results-driven with a "take charge" attitude to manage the full development cycle of a product.
- Agile and innovative with the tenacity to thrive in a constantly changing environment.
- You are very hands-on and a jack of all trades: 50% marketing 50% technology 50% analytics and 50% experimentation. That is indeed 200% in total!
What will you do?
- Most of all you are responsible for all customer-facing product development of Booking.com across multiple devices and channels and you will always push people to improve the user journey while making sure it is consistent.
- You will be responsible for the product roadmap and you make sure it is aligned with business objectives. Together with your Product Owners you translate the product roadmap to goals for the individual teams. You will do this both for web and mobile.
- You need to drive and lead the product direction while supervising your team
- You will orchestrate and be ultimately responsible for projects and products within your own track, and be able to define track core KPI(s).
- You use both quantitative and qualitative research to improve the product.
- You will report directly to the Director of Product
- You will contribute to the growth of Booking.com through interviewing, onboarding, or other recruitment efforts
- 6+ years of Product Experience with high traffic (50,000+ visitors per day), preferably E-commerce sites.
- Experience with managing and coaching teams of product managers/product owners
- Strong technical understanding
- Experience with leading product departments ( vision and KPIs/objectives setting, ideation and implementation process, team alignment with business goals)
- Experience with guiding the creation process of native apps, mobile solutions and 1 social channel
- You are very experienced with experimentation using, for example, A/B-testing focused on improving conversion and retention.
- Experience with stakeholder management (finance, budgeting, team management, recruitment, external customers)
What's in it for you?
This position is open to worldwide candidates. We provide assistance for you and your family with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam. We have successfully relocated 300+ technology professionals to Amsterdam in the last year.
- Headquarters located in one of the most vibrant cities in Europe: Amsterdam
- Performance-based company that offers 26 vacation days, career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential.
- Training, regular hackathons and opportunities to travel and attend global conferences.
- Discount on Booking.com accommodations with the "Booking Deal" including other perks and benefits.
- Company sponsored family and social activities to help our employees become integrated with each other and Dutch culture.
- Diverse, unique colleagues from every corner of the world.
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Sr. Product Manager in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Partner Marketing Manager
Julie determines which marketing programs will deliver the strongest results for Booking.com business partners in order to ensure long, strong, and successful relationships.
Back to top