Sr. Payroll Specialist
As a Senior Payroll Specialist you will be responsible for managing the payroll for multiple entities. This includes running the payroll reports, coordinating & checking the payroll with external vendors, preparing the journal and making sure payments are made timely & accurately. You will need to maintain relationships with external payroll vendors as well as internal stakeholders. In this position you will be part of a dynamic, humble and open minded international team, consisting of 16 colleagues who manage payroll for our offices in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America, Asia and Oceania. You will be reporting to the Payroll Team Lead.
To be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate the ability to work independently as well as be a strong contributor within our internal account teams. Interpersonal skills, good communication and the proven ability to work accurately with tight deadlines and a strong focus on results are a must. Our employees are some of the best and brightest, working with them will be both challenging and rewarding. So, if you can do it all with a smile and a great attitude that is a huge plus.
You will be responsible for managing a portfolio of countries in EMEA.
This full-time position will be based in our Amsterdam office.
Main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Be responsible for the maintenance and preparation of payrolls. The data entry is done by the HR team and employees in the various countries;
- Act as a functional expert and main contact point regarding payroll related term of the countries responsible for;
- Be responsible for data validation and resolving discrepancies within tight deadlines;
- Manage relationships with various stakeholders and global payroll providers with focus on compliance and payroll accuracy;
- Coordinate payroll approvals & funding instructions with the Finance team;
- Prepare monthly payroll reconciliations, journal and accrual reports;
- Ensure compliance with statutory regulations, company policies, and Sox requirements;
- Attend to payroll specific queries from employees;
- Reply to tax notices, wage orders, unemployment claims, government correspondences, and verification of employments for international entities;
- Stay up to date with local payroll regulations;
- Provide payroll feedback and data when required to support ongoing HR projects;
- Oversee relationship with external payroll providers by tracking their performance and establishing KPIs for improvement when necessary
- Be main point of contact on country level for internal and external audits by coordinating payroll feedback and escalating to regional lead when necessary
- Review and suggest process optimizations on country level to ensure alignment with local rules and global processes, and compliance;
- Act as a 2nd level reviewer of payrolls and other statutory/adhoc payments in detail;
- Provide support to other regional payroll team leads as a backup;
- 3+ years of experience working in an payroll/accounting environment;
- Experience in payroll of multiple countries (preferred: France, Italy, United Kingdom; Germany; Russia)
- Experience managing internal and external stakeholders such as other HR functions, employees, and local payroll providers;
- Experience with HR technologies (Workday, SAP, Peoplesoft);
- Excellent communications skills in English;
- Business level communication skills in Russian is a plus;
- Ability to work effectively as an individual and as a team member;
- Ability to manage fast pace environment;
- Ability to take ownership of payroll processes;
- Problem solving mindset & positive attitude;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask;
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Available to travel;
- You will also need to be versatile, flexible and adapt quickly to the latest guidelines/changes from Booking.com BV.
The hiring company Booking.com International BV is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com International BV is looking for a Sr. Payroll Specialist. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com” refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Director of Product
Anne-Sophie oversees product managers and developers who create new features for Booking.com’s attractions, tours, and activity launches, ensuring travelers continue to have great experiences.
Back to top