Sr. Marketing Procurement Manager – Indirect Categories
Booking.com, part of Booking Holdings listed in NASDAQ, is a market leader in online hotel reservations in Europe. Since 1996 our Finance Team has expanded to more than 700 financial professionals, mostly based in Amsterdam, the company’s global headquarters. We believe that the passion and talent of our employees is our strength and is what drives us towards outstanding performance.
You are detail oriented and service minded, as you can see the bigger picture from the business side when facilitating a sourcing and procurement process. Can you balance your priorities and get things done? Do you like interacting with people and dealing positively with constant change? Then this role is for you!
The Procurement team executes activities to reduce the overall spend, minimizing administrative efforts, increase supplier performance and ensure integrity and compliance. Engagement with Business Partners is essential for success. Our scope is Global Indirect Spend in the following categories: HR full suite, Professional Services, Travel, Marketing, Facilities and Real Estate.
The Procurement Team is rapidly expanding and is looking for a Senior Marketing Buyer with an extensive background in Marketing, Media, Advertising, PR, Social Media and Internal Communication area.
Important note: We are only considering candidates that have a valid work permit for The Netherlands.
- Close collaboration with Marketing and Communications business partners to ensure sustainable and professional strategies in the following areas : Media, Advertising, PR, Social Media and Internal Communication.
- You are capable to combine creative thinking and factual analysis to develop appropriate strategies that get adopted by your Business Partners.
- You source projects through effective control over the product or service specification, tendering, negotiation and contracting process. Sourcing projects comprise: Buying team engagement, internal & external analysis, commercial, risk and legal aspects of tendering & negotiation, contract drafting & sign off, in close alignment with key Business partners, Group Legal, IT Security and Compliance.
- You advise the business stakeholders on fact-based decisions on business awarding and vendor promotion or de-selection in tendering .
- You actively monitor supplier continuity risks and performance, contract expiration and changes and advise on contract management strategies.
- Monitor and ensure contract and supplier performance is effective with correct application of the agreed services and conditions, maintaining a positive and effective relationship between Booking.com and the supplier
- Work independently on targets and objectives and establish appropriate recovery actions when performance is unlikely to meet targets
- Manage issues when the business escalates problems with existing suppliers for commercial or legal resolution.
- Proven project management capability
- Dynamic, agile, results oriented and diverse
- Strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful
- Solution oriented and result driven
- Proactive, flexible, capable of working independently and be a great team member
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Familiarity with leading edge procurement tools, techniques and systems
- Familiar with country specific law, data privacy, IT security, legislation and contracting standards
- Fluent in English, Dutch language preferred
- Systems: SAP, Microsoft Office (Excel advanced level)
- MSc degree in Business Economics or equivalent
- Preferred industry experience: Private sector/Non-manufacturing, Tech, Apparel
- Expert Market knowledge for the required categories
The hiring company Booking.com International BV is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com International BV is looking for a Sr. Marketing Procurement Manager - Indirect Categories . Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Partner Marketing Manager
Julie determines which marketing programs will deliver the strongest results for Booking.com business partners in order to ensure long, strong, and successful relationships.
Back to top