Sr. Manager Programmatic Media
We are searching for a Senior Digital Media expert to lead the Programmatic Media agenda within our Global Media Team. The role reports to the Global Media Director.
Our Global Media Team consists of 25+ talents (Strategy & Planning, Programmatic Media, Media Analytics) tasked to deliver best-in-class consumer centric & data driven full-funnel communications optimized to incremental ROI goals that grow direct bookings.
As the Senior Manager, Programmatic, you will be accountable for defining, deploying and embedding an in-housed programmatic media strategy. You will lead a team of at least 3 direct reports (a total of 9 FTE's in functions including Ad Operations, Performance Media and Dynamic Creative). Through these teams, you will be responsible for set up, activation, testing and optimization of our programmatic initiatives (RTB and paid social) across the world. This role required both internal and external stakeholder capabilities. Internally, you'll work across Media, Business Intelligence, Ad Tech, Creative teams, and Business units. Externally, you'll work with Tech partners (for example Google and Facebook), our global media agency and creative agencies. As such, you'll require an ability to manage projects across multiple departments and stakeholders and showcase strong leadership and communication skills.
Your ability to drive innovation forward at a fast pace, respond quickly to new learnings and available data and adapt rapidly is essential for success in this role. As such, an analytical mindset will be at the heart of this role. You'll need to sit alongside data scientists to devise and execute experiments, work with our media analytics team to accurately measure and report campaign effectiveness and use data outputs to optimize campaign performance.
This position is based in our Amsterdam Global Headquarters.
- On a constant basis, deliver ROI and incremental revenue targets for all programmatic campaigns.
- Coach, lead and inspire the entire programmatic team to deliver on programmatic performance.
- Responsible for managing the programmatic Media discipline across Booking.com with a focus on unlocking Booking.com core business & communications objectives across the funnel
- Drive continuous efforts to improve our programmatic strategies and tactics across our top markets (define hypotheses and execute test campaigns to understand the drivers of incrementality) working cross-functionally with the Strategy & Planning / Media Analytics teams as well as relevant Media / Ad Tech partners
- Combine world class digital media market, technical knowledge & data analysis to help develop, activate and optimize a large variety of complex campaigns around the world
- Bring to team constant in-depth knowledge of the digital media industry, market & Ad Tech dynamics as well as best practices to further improve campaign effectiveness through deeper use of our Ad Tech functionalities
- Act as the first point of escalation for Programmatic related issues (e.g. campaign performance, outages or Ad Tech bugs) and ensure issues are dealt in a timely manner
- Closely work with the Strategy & Planning team to recommend the strategic development and deployment of all programmatic campaigns as well as investment strategy
- Develop & embed programmatic Media capability programs within relevant teams. Be the programmatic evangelist for internal & external stakeholders.
- Constantly provide proactive contribution to business growth by harnessing new programmatic media activation opportunities through thoughtful data driven recommendations
- Activate strong relationships with technology partners, seeking out new opportunities that could improve ROI and incremental bookings
- 8-10+ years of professional experience in digital marketing
- Strong analytical skills, with a demonstrated ability to distill the output of complex datasets to business applications
- Experience with running, overseeing and/or designing experiments in advertising (A/B testing)
- Experience managing programmatic campaigns at scale, and strong technical knowledge around the programmatic landscape (including but not limited to Search, Display, Rich Media and/or Online video executions)
- Be an expert in advertising technologies such as ad servers, DSP's, DMP's, RTB platforms, ad exchanges, cross-device tracking technologies, web analytics, dynamic creative tooling, audience modeling, bid management
- Ability to self-manage and juggle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Solid leadership and team management experience
- Proven ability to think creatively about challenging analytic problems
- Excellent communication skills; the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences, and guide team members on doing the same
- Strong attention to detail, solid analytical skills and the ability to make data-driven decisions: understands the role that analytics plays in programmatic and can partner with our Media Analytics team on attribution and measurement plans
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strategic thinker, able to balance long-term vision with short- and medium-term goals with a strong focus to action.
- An ability to translate business needs into business opportunities which can be executed in small steps, and prioritize them according to business value and impact.
- Highly organized, pragmatic and results-focused
- Ability to clearly outline & present plan and future goals.
- Open for input and feedback, while being able to influence people being challenged by change.
- Strong belief in our culture. https://workingatbooking.com/about-booking/
- Bachelor’s degree required - ideally within a quantitative discipline (e.g. Economics, Statistics, Physics)
- Fluent English speaker
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Sr. Manager Programmatic Media in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Partner Marketing Manager
Julie determines which marketing programs will deliver the strongest results for Booking.com business partners in order to ensure long, strong, and successful relationships.
Back to top