The Global Sponsorships and Events function in the marketing department is responsible for the successful delivery of our company wide event portfolio at Booking.com - this portfolio includes customer, partner, industry, employer & employee events. This function is responsible for both the delivery of our hero sponsorships and events as well as supporting the business to execute targeted sponsorships and events through self service playbooks and resources.
The Sr. Manager, Event Production & Operations will lead this craft and is responsible for the ultimate delivery of our most significant sponsorship & event productions as well as the library of self service playbooks and resources. This role leads and manages event production practices (and team members) covering: complex strategic content based events, community & connection events including live broadcast production. In addition, this role manages our event operations team responsible for the effective management of guests, cast, crew, external talent and associated processes.
The Sr. Manager, Event Production & Operations role, partners with both internal and external teams to proactively deliver the highest quality events, on time and on budget. This includes a close partnership with the event strategy & creative team - working directly to practically realise the vision and experience. This role also manages our external vendors - ensuring the effective mapping and proactive identification of dependencies and complexities - ensuring they are tackled and resolved in a structured way.
You do this by creating structure, ensuring timing is right and creating insights in performance of the sponsorships & events, building close alignment between stakeholders, ensuring activation of all relevant experiential tactics, maintaining alignment with the company strategy and delivery upon relevant marketing measurements and insights.
The role is also meant to reduce operational complexity of running multi stakeholder (including senior executives), which currently involves multiple unstructured communication lines, and reduce information gaps between all parties involved.
Lead and manage event production & operations as a craft, company wide.
- Identify the key production capabilities that are required to be available in-house and via partnerships in order to deliver best business partnership.
- Set clear event production standards and craft expectations, work with event and associated team members to reach those standards.
- Build a strong workplace culture of excellence through strong management of team members through feedback and coaching in order to deliver success.
- Be a strong voice of expertise in the business on our craft of production.
- Identify the key operations priorities and deliverables required to be available through our operations team to deliver exceptional stakeholder experiences.
- Work to build and manage our event operations technology stack ensuring it works across all event audiences and stakeholders delivering operational efficiencies.
- Define our event operations standards, work with event and associated team members to reach those standards.
- Proactively manage event stakeholder relations, manage where needed escalations and communicate with effectiveness to align next steps.
- Lead all internal and external production and operations teams to deliver on the portfolio of event programs (brand activations, exhibition, multi-day complex events).
- Actively partner with event strategy and event business owner to engage in complete briefings.
- Act as the production lead, be prepared to step in and proactively produce elements of an event or experience, if necessary act as manager and leader on duty.
- Ensure that all production playbooks and best practices are followed, for the most efficient, high quality delivery - directly and in partnership with external vendors.
- Own the production & operations partnership with external vendors ensuring they are enabled to fully deliver on event briefs.
- Take full accountability for the delivery of events on quality, planned deadlines and budget.
- Work to translate our strategic events and best practices into easy to use self service event kits & resources.
- Be an educator and influencer to the business on how to deliver high quality events using the best practice playbooks and resources.
- Maintain and deliver production & operational excellence for all events (regardless of who delivers) ensuring clear guidance is given to the business on how & what of events (partnering with strategy team on why, when, who).
- Lead the liaising and negotiating with vendors across scopes of work, project briefs, creative delivery and financial arrangements associated with events, ensuring maximum tracking of each element.
- Manage and maintain key cross company partnerships (for example with PR/Communications functions) ensuring best partnership in place to deliver events. This includes proactively suggesting tactics that can improve quality and effectiveness.
- Make clear roles, responsibilities and expectations when delivering event production and operations - maximising the satisfaction and clarity around the partnership and delivery needs.
- Bachelor/Master degree in Marketing or Event/Experiential Management;
- A minimum of 10+ years in a multinational company with matrix relationships;
- A minimum of 10+ years of proven event production experience;
- Strong experience in working in a headquarters role in a company with a global footprint;
- Event production portfolio that contains multiple event disciplines (exhibition, complex events, strategic content events, broadcast);
- Extensive experience building, growing & evolving an event production consultancy and/or function in a matrix environment;
- A strong portfolio of events that have delivered clear business results with clear examples of partnership with stakeholders;
- Demonstrated experience in leading & influencing senior executives to participate in events;
- Strong experience in vendor management with extensive examples across procurement, quality management & scopes/briefing setting;
- Proven experience working with a wide range of event technology including the procurement & implementation and continuous improvement of this.