Sr. HR Business Partner
In this position, you will partner with the management team and the HR functions throughout the planning and execution for these programs, tying them back to the department goals and the business strategy. You will also work with them to improve organizational structure, provide advice and management coaching.
You will lead and participate in company wide projects such as creation of new job families and job competences; career paths for Booking’s employees; development of internal processes and policies, etc. The Senior HR Business Partner role serves as a liaison between the business and HR to assess human resources needs in areas such as employment, performance management, compensation, career development and competency development. You must understand the business you are supporting.
You will need strong influence skills and the ability to translate client business needs and goals into human resource capabilities needed to achieve results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with senior management and the HR functions to develop and implement HR plans and solutions;
- Partner with business on various topic, such as workforce planning, succession planning, and skills assessment and development.
- Provide support/ coaching to senior managers and senior team leaders on people related matters
- Work with the L&T Managers and the Agile Coach team to assess department training needs and deliver group training sessions as appropriate.
- Review and analyze business metrics including data on retention and employee experience in order to recommend improvements.
- Partner with the business (Managers and Senior Team Lead) to lead both annual and quarterly review processes which focus on performance management and talent development.
- Provide compensation support including salary planning, approval of salary actions, promotions and job re-leveling.
- Work with line managers and employees to address all types of employee relations issues, fairly representing all interests.
- Work with the HR functions and the Leadership team to assess, create and implement innovative solutions for a variety of employee engagement initiatives.
- Support and coach the HR Advisor and the HR Specialists in their roles as you will oversee all the HR activities of the department (including, among other, re-org and terminations cases, absenteeism cases, onboarding of new hires, special relocation cases, comp & ben assistance, recruitment support etc)
Critical Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to influence and partner with different levels of the organization to achieve results.
- Strong business and HR acumen, including strong problem solving skills, critical thinking, and analysis.
- Experience working in a high-tech, entrepreneurial environment requiring strong multi-tasking abilities
- Excellent communication and cultural awareness skills.
- Knowledge of Dutch employment laws (immigration & Tax) will be advantageous
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Human Resources Management or related field. Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management or related field is preferred.
- Fluent in English
- Candidate should have at least 8 years of experience within HR in fast pace companies with broad knowledge and experience in human resources management.
- Ability and confidence to work independently (limited supervision)
- Experience of working in a HR shared services model
- Experience in the development and implementation of rewards (Compensation and Benefits) plans
- Experience in managing talent process.
The hiring company Booking.com International BV is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com International BV is looking for a Sr. HR Business Partner . Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com” refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Director of Product
Anne-Sophie oversees product managers and developers who create new features for Booking.com’s attractions, tours, and activity launches, ensuring travelers continue to have great experiences.
Back to top