Sr. GL Accountant – French
Would you like to work for a fast growing dynamic organization? Are you an ambitious self-starter? Would you like to work for a diverse, international and multicultural organization? Are you creative with an out-of-the-box mindset? Do you have full professional French fluency? Do you have experience in General Ledger Accounting?
If the answer to these questions is yes, then we are looking for you, take charge of your career and apply now!
Due to the rapid and continuous growth of our business, a new opportunity has arisen for Senior General Ledger Accountants to join our team based in Amsterdam. You will report to the Controller and work closely together with other (Finance) departments in our Amsterdam office. The tasks and duties of this role may evolve over time. You will be keen to develop and grow within the role and to take on additional challenges and responsibilities as they occur. As a Senior Accountant you will join our EMEA Accounting Team in our office in Amsterdam. You will work closely together with other (Finance) departments in our Amsterdam office. You will also participate in projects relating to improvement of our financial procedures and systems.
- Maintain general ledger of some of Booking.com BV's 100+ subsidiaries.
- Closely involved in month end process including preparation of journal entries, accruals, prepayment, payroll- and Intercompany transactions, reconciliation of general ledger accounts and detailed supporting analysis and relevant documentation;
- Preparation and review of monthly closing reports in accordance with US GAAP;
- Balance sheet and profit and loss review of own accounting work and the work of others;
- Coaching other accountants in their day to day activities and be a first point of contact for stakeholders
- Own / review and assist / support in covering all compliance requirements like SOx, tax, statutory and statistical filings and statutory audits.
- Proactive communication of potential issues to the Controller;
- Co-prepare and review statutory financial statements;
- Assist and support in co-ordinating statutory and Sox audits;
- Supporting the accounting team, to live its vision and take steps in accordance with the accounting roadmap, by proactively identify and act on improvement opportunities and own and drive project implementation and execution
- Initiative in process improvements, respond to accounting questions and participate in improvement projects
- Full professional fluency in both French and English;
- A minimum of 3 years' work experience in a similar or relevant position;
- Relevant accounting degree as for example SPD, ACCA or Bachelor Accounting level;
- Knowledge of French accounting rules/standards is preferred;
- Experience with SAP ERP (FI/CO) preferable;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Accurate and analytical, responsible and takes ownership;
- Agile and resilient;
- Ability to cope with dynamic and high change environment;
- Ability to prioritize;
- Independent and flexible.
The hiring company Booking.com International BV is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com International BV is looking for a Sr. GL Accountant - French. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Commercial Owner, New Partnerships
Morten looks at how to make the process of adding commercial partnerships more efficient and profitable. His main goal is adding accommodation partners to the platform to help Booking.com grow.
Back to top