Sr. Front End Developer
At Booking.com we combine the best traits of a start-up with the resources of planet Earth's #1 accommodation website. We are working towards creating the ultimate travel experience, building and improving great products for both travelers and the accommodation partners.
We are not afraid to experiment, think big or aim high!
Based in the beautiful city of Amsterdam, our technology department is over 1500 strong.
We believe that diversity makes us stronger – with over 60 different nationalities in the technology department alone, you will be able to absorb new skills and develop your career in a multicultural environment.
As well as working independently, you will also be responsible for making technical decisions within a team and across teams/sub departments. Our development strategy is agile and we work in small Scrum teams of 5-7. We do several code rollouts every day, are data-driven and do extensive A/B testing on both user and partner facing platforms.
- 50% coding, 50% working with developers
- Take initiative to address the larger technical needs of the product you work on
- Focus on moving the business forward, be pragmatic about technology choices
- Always keep the customer at the center of everything you do
- Have a keen interest on the business, not just any given technical problem
- Lead initiatives for improvement of development processes and business opportunities for your team's product and the company as a whole by impacting multiple products across the business.
- Identify, foster, and proactively help colleagues to grow professionally, taking a significant role in onboarding new team members
- Represent Booking.com values, both in the company and in the external community
- Advocate a collaborative working environment – make "my ideas" into "our ideas"
- Lead, manage and resolve technical or design discussions or conflicts
- Contribute to the growth of Booking.com through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts
- 7+ years of experience in a relevant role, preferably in a commercial environment
- Experience with templating languages
- Ability to write high-performance, reusable code
- Experience troubleshooting cross-browser compatibility issues
- Experience with data-driven product development: analytics, A/B testing, etc
- Knowledge of version control systems
- Comfortable working on a command line
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential. We also offer the "Booking Deal" with other competitive perks and benefits. The Technology department organizes exploration days and tech talks, allowing you to explore ideas outside of your everyday scope of work. We are active in the tech community and often host and attend meetups.Our employees speak at global conferences and arrange hackathons all over the world.
We offer personal and professional development opportunities through internal and external training programs. Additionally we offer a conference budget to each tech employee.
You will be given the freedom to experiment and make your own decisions, impacting millions of travelers worldwide.
This position is open to worldwide candidates and, in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam. We have successfully relocated 300+ Technology professionals to Amsterdam in the last year!
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Sr. Front End Developer in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Commercial Owner, New Partnerships
Morten looks at how to make the process of adding commercial partnerships more efficient and profitable. His main goal is adding accommodation partners to the platform to help Booking.com grow.
Back to top