Sr. DevOps Engineer
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our IT Services Infrastructure team at our Amsterdam headquarters. As a member of this team, your primary goal will be to continuously and structurally improve the usability, reliability and maintainability of the IT Services, impacting our employees digital experience all around the world. You will be working in one of the biggest e-commerce companies in the world, developing end-to-end automated infrastructure services across multiple data centers and in the cloud.
- Design, develop and implement solutions that improve the stability, scalability, availability and latency of the IT Infrastructure services;
- Solve problems and incidents that impact our employees experience and build solutions and automation to prevent them from happening again (root cause);
- Build, enhance and maintain tooling and scripts to automate repetitive tasks;
- Manage issues proactively, monitor user experience and identify opportunities to automate remediation of issues;
- Support in creating structural solutions instead of workarounds;
- Create integrations between multiple applications and services, both on premise and in the cloud;
- Take ownership of one or more services and have the freedom to do what is best for our business and customers;
- Build effective monitoring to monitor systems health and behavior, and jump in to handle outages;
- Create system health/performance dashboards to provide both high level and detailed views into monitored services;
- Collaborate in the design and development of business-critical systems to meet user needs and respond to/anticipate on technological advancements;
- Mentor, coach and steer more junior colleagues across technical challenges;
- Share the on-call rotation and be an escalation contact for incidents;
- Contribute to Booking.com's growth through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts.
- At least 7 years experience working in a Systems Engineering position using code to build and maintain large, complex and scalable system infrastructures;
- Strong proficiency in at least one programming language. For example with .Net/C#, Python and/or Java;
- Proven experience with Shell scripting (Powershell/Bash) and automation;
- Strong Windows and/or Linux administration and troubleshooting skills;
- Be able to understand and formulate meaningful business metrics;
- Creative and not afraid to step outside of your comfort zone;
- Fluent in the English language both spoken and written.
Exposure to the following is an advantage:
- Logging infrastructure and tools such as Logstash, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Graphite, Splunk, and HDFS;
- Configuration management and provisioning tools such as Puppet, Chef and DSC;
- Experience with orchestration tools;
- Experience with RESTfull API or Webhook;
- Load balancing and identity management solutions;
- Additional experience in Networking, Security or Storage is a plus.
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential. We also offer what we call the "Booking Deal" with other competitive perks and benefits. This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam.
The hiring company Booking.com International Services B.V. is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com International Services B.V. is looking for a Sr. DevOps Engineer. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Commercial Owner, New Partnerships
Morten looks at how to make the process of adding commercial partnerships more efficient and profitable. His main goal is adding accommodation partners to the platform to help Booking.com grow.
Back to top