Sr. Data Scientist Online Advertising
Within the Strategic Partnerships team of Booking.com we are looking for an enthusiastic team member to take care of data analysis and performance management for our online advertising campaigns. You will possess great analytical skills, enjoy analyzing data, and not be afraid to “get your hands dirty”. Moreover you are results-oriented, flexible and eager to acquire new skills and knowledge.
It is important that you have good statistical knowledge, strong analytical insight, and some programming background.
This role requires a highly motivated and result-focused individual with solid business understanding. A successful candidate for this role will have a wide range of technical skills and be proficient in turning data discoveries into profitable solutions and measurable improvements.
- Analyze performance of existing advertising campaigns.
- Make informed CPC bid changes to these campaigns (algorithmic bidding).
- Identify data trends that will help us increase overall performance.
- Proactively suggest and implement clever ways to change our bidding strategy.
- Propose experiments which objectively evaluate different strategies.
- Monitor data infrastructure & quality. Propose new data sources or tools as needed.
- Mentor and assist junior analytics staff.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 4+ years’ fulltime work experience in analytics and/or equivalent experience in vigorous highly-technical graduate research.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Passionate about working with data.
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize.
- Result-oriented mindset.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Thorough understanding of statistics, especially generalized linear models and experiment design.
- Proficient in standard SQL.
- Experience with PPC campaign optimization.
- Education level M.Sc. or higher, preferably with a specialization in statistics, computer science, natural science, mathematics, engineering, or finance — OR a technical B.Sc. with 6+ years increasingly challenging analytical work experience.
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Experience with statistical methodologies like cluster analysis and machine/statistical learning.
- Working proficiency with R statistical language for data manipulation, visualization, and analysis.
- Experience writing code accessing MySQL or other relational databases.
- Experience with Hive (Hadoop query language) or other Big Data technologies.
- Basic proficiency with Linux/Unix OS and utilities.
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Sr. Data Scientist Online Advertising in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to “Booking.com” refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Director of Product
Anne-Sophie oversees product managers and developers who create new features for Booking.com’s attractions, tours, and activity launches, ensuring travelers continue to have great experiences.
Back to top