Sr. Banking Specialist
As Banking Specialist you are responsible to manage all the Booking.com collections and payables needs in a predetermined geographic area. You are responsible to manage internal and external stakeholders, design new solutions and identify opportunities for the business and develop these solutions from contracting to going live. You work closely together with your colleagues on the global banking strategy.
This role is focused on helping the company grow business by engaging new and existing banking relations and providing a broad set of innovative banking, payment and technology solutions in complex environments.
You will be part of the Treasury team and work closely together with dedicated banking and insurance specialists. You will be able to demonstrate flawless teamwork, coordination, and relationship management skills, with tenacity and drive for successful projects. Objectives vary between a number of technical landscapes (Regulatory, Legal, Tax) working effectively with experts and stakeholders in each area. You will be accustomed to a work environment that thrives on innovation and initiative.
Due to the rapid and continuous growth of the organization, the tasks and duties of this role will evolve over time. You will be keen to develop and grow within the role and challenge yourself to take on additional projects and responsibilities as they present themselves.
- Drive the development and evolution of the company’s global banking capabilities, by identifying & deploying suitable cash collection products within target countries (Direct Debit, Virtual accounts etc.)
- Present business cases to banking regulators in different countries to obtain different permits and approvals required to enable payment solutions relevant to the business.
- Work together with payment providers to design new solutions.
- Create ROI business cases to successfully implement internally diverse products driving the business growth.
- Effectively and efficiently, deal with all BAU banking issues and queries.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders across all levels of seniority.
- Create and maintain core-banking relationships, balancing optimal financial value with service delivery.
- Identify and implement best markets practices and solutions for both partners and customers.
- Make sure that all products and processes are compliant to all applicable rules and regulations and that our tax policy is followed.
- Identify areas of improvement and influence stakeholders in the implementation of new processes or modification of current processes.
- Management of ad-hoc projects where required.
- Actively contribute to the team identifying and proposing changes in both external processes as internal to increase compliance, efficiency and cost reduction.
- Mastery in banking products and cash management solutions
- Advanced knowledge of finance technology and infrastructure and in-country regulatory frameworks;
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful
- Solution oriented and result driven
- Proactive, flexible and capable of working independently as well as working in a team
- Systems: SAP and Excel
- Educational background or extensive work experience in Finance or Business Economics;
- Fluent in English to a good level of proficiency; able to conduct and conclude highly technical discussions and agreements.
- Self-starter able to work independently.
- Prior experience managing multiple stakeholder relationships.
- Able to adapt style and approach in order to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders from a variety of different cultures.
- Able to demonstrate unrelenting tenacity to drive business objectives and deliver results.
- Willingness to work flexibly, and undertake frequent global travel, as deemed necessary.
If you think this opportunity might be right for you, please include a brief ‘motivation letter’ which tells us a little bit about your international context, and why you’d like to work within Booking.com’s Treasury team.
The hiring company Booking.com International BV is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com International BV is looking for a Sr. Banking Specialist. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Partner Marketing Manager
Julie determines which marketing programs will deliver the strongest results for Booking.com business partners in order to ensure long, strong, and successful relationships.
Back to top