Sr. Android Developer
At Booking.com we combine the best traits of a start-up but with the resources of planet Earth's #1 accommodation website. We are working towards creating the ultimate travel experience, building and improving great products for both users and the accommodation partners.
Booking.com is not afraid to experiment, think big or aim high!
Booking.com believes that diversity makes us stronger - with over 60 different nationalities in the technology department alone, you will be able to absorb new skills and develop your career in a multicultural environment.
As well as working independently, you will also be responsible for making technical decisions within a team. The development strategy at Booking.com is agile and which means working in small Scrum teams of 5-7. Booking.com does several code rollouts every day, is data-driven and does extensive A/B testing on both user and partner facing platforms.
- Take initiative to address the larger technical needs of the product you work on
- Support Booking.com BV to focus on moving the business forward, be pragmatic about technology choices
- At Booking.com we always keep the customer at the center of everything you do
- Lead initiatives for improvement of development processes and business opportunities for your team's product and our company as a whole to support Booking.com BV
- Identify, foster, and proactively help colleagues to grow professionally, taking a significant role in on-boarding new team members
- Represent the Booking.com values both in the company and in the external community
- Advocate a collaborative working environment - make "my ideas" into "our ideas"
- Lead, manage and resolve technical or design discussions or conflicts
- Contribute to Booking.com's growth through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts.
- Fluent in both Chinese and English
- 7+ years of experience as a polyglot programmer
- 3+ years Android application development using Android SDK
- Experience with Google Play & distribution process
- Experience in solving technical challenges of a whole new level at large scale
- Self-motivated to explore new technologies, applications and environments
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-starter, highly motivated, team-player
- Built an approved store App
- Experience working with A/B testing
- You have an intrinsic curiosity in technological innovations and you are always on top of the latest trends
- Experience working in an international environment on large scale projects
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Leanne D.Senior Recruiter, Americas Region
Leanne’s role is to find people who can help the company continue to fulfill its mission. She recruits for positions in marketing, partnerships, accounting, and more.
Back to top