Sr. Account Manager Connectivity
As a Connectivity Senior Account Manager/Interfaces you are responsible for day to day management and professional development of the members of the North American XML/Interfaces team. This role includes goal setting, resource planning and priority setting for a team with multiple direct reports. Your team will support external clients of Booking.com BV as well as provide support for internal customers such as the local Hotels Department account management teams.
You will work on the daily requests of potential partner hotels (connectivity) while giving support to the Hotels teams in answering questions from the technical, sales and reservation staffs of Booking.com’s clients.
You will be responsible to ensure that you and your team have strong relationships with key partners including the connectivity teams of Booking.com’s accommodation partners and IT companies. In this role you will work closely with other XML/Interface teams across the globe including close contact with the main XML team in our Amsterdam headquarters.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Day to day management of a team of account managers and coordinators;
- Preparation of and leading in execution of annual and quarterly North American XML/Interfaces department action plans, objectives, goal setting and reviews;
- Professional development and regular coaching of team members;
- Building strong relationships with key current accommodation and IT partners as well as potential future partners;
- Ensure that the North American Booking.com XML team is well known and respected as an active part of the North American hospitality technology community;
- Initial analysis with hotels, chains and IT providers about the possibilities of the interface;
- Guide the hotels, chains and IT providers through the release of the interface;
- Analyze the hotels on interface for improvements to make on the hotel/IT side;
- If needed, handle XML integrations of hotel chains and individual hotels;
- Close interaction with Amsterdam headquarters to ensure market needs and optimization for long term success.
- Knowledge of and experience with OTA (Open Travel Alliance) specifications, XML based messaging and SQL a strong plus;
- Pro-active, sense of responsibility, friendly and can work independently;
- Quick and resourceful, flexible, accurate, strong analytical skills and an eye for detail;
- Great face-to-face and telephone communication skills;
- Team player, motivated and enjoys to work in e-travel and hospitality;
- Business focused;
- Positive attitude;
- Availability to travel at least 50% of the time;
- Currently authorized to work in the United States.
Required Education and Experience:
- 5 years of experience in a relevant account management function;
- 2-4 years of experience in management of a technical sales or operations support team (Hospitality/Travel Industry preferred);
- Experience within e-travel and/or hotel/travel industry preferably in IT, or Distribution support or commercial teams;
- Hotel School or University background preferred;
- Driver’s license
- Must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
The hiring company Booking.com (USA) Inc. is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in United States. Booking.com (USA) Inc. is looking for a Sr. Account Manager Connectivity. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com” refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Director of Product
Anne-Sophie oversees product managers and developers who create new features for Booking.com’s attractions, tours, and activity launches, ensuring travelers continue to have great experiences.
Back to top