We are looking for Software Developers who are passionate about their craft, who thrive on challenge and who believe in success through collaboration – people who would complement our existing developers! You will be part of our newly formed China Product Development team in Shanghai.
Join us and support Booking.com BV's #1 accommodation website with some of the industry's smartest people!
Our technical culture derives strongly from our strong ties to the Perl community. We appreciate what open source means both for our business and also for internal projects. Some of our most useful hacks inside the company have come from someone scratching the proverbial itch.
Even if you do not have Perl experience, your colleagues will help you get up to speed in order to be able to start solving real problems from day one. You will work independently and will also be responsible for making technical decisions within a team. Our development strategy is agile and we work in small Scrum teams of 5-7. We do several rollouts every day, are data-driven and do extensive A/B testing.
Important aspects of the job include:
- Rapidly develop next-generation scalable, flexible, and high-performance systems.
- Solve issues with the site and internal systems, prioritizing based on consumer impact and Booking.com B.V.'s global strategy
- Act as an intermediary for problems, with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Collaborate with the team, Team Leaders and Product Owners
Sometimes, solving our toughest problems has little to do with the software we have written, and more to do with the complex interaction of multiple systems. Understanding the full stack, from bits going across the wire to the various protocols that define communication all the way up to the application layer is vitally important. Most of us know multiple languages and have worked on multiple platforms. We need self-starters who are great at solving problems, who initiate solutions and discussions and who believe that any challenge can be scaled with the right mindset and tools.
We have found that people who match the following requirements are the ones who fit us best:
- 4 years of hardcore development experience with more than one programming language
- Experience of developing in and contributing to open source
- Experience with HTTP and server-side technologies (web servers, database servers)
- Ability to work independently in small teams
- Preferably a university degree in Mathematics or Software Engineering
- Comfortable working in English both written and spoken
The hiring company Booking.com Customer Service Center (Shanghai) Co. Ltd. is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in China. Booking.com Customer Service Center (Shanghai) Co. Ltd. is looking for a Software Developer. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Commercial Owner, New Partnerships
Morten looks at how to make the process of adding commercial partnerships more efficient and profitable. His main goal is adding accommodation partners to the platform to help Booking.com grow.
Back to top