Site Reliability Engineer – Security
Booking.com is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join our Security team at our Amsterdam headquarters. As a member of one of the security teams, you will be given the freedom to make meaningful and measurable improvements impacting thousands of colleagues and millions of customers. You will be working in one of the biggest e-commerce companies in the world, deploying code on 25,000+ servers across multiple data centers around the world!
- Design, develop and implement security improvements for the Booking.com Unix environment;
- Take ownership of security issues and services and have the freedom to do what is best for our business and customers;
- Solve problems occurring with our highly available production systems and build solutions and automation to prevent them from happening again;
- Build effective monitoring to monitor the health and security of our services, and jump in to handle incidents;
- Plan for reliability by designing and deploying systems to work across our multinational data centers;
- Develop tools to assist the product development teams with successfully deploying 1000s of change sets every day;
- Stay on top of security issues in the wider world and protect our customers from them;
- Assist our colleagues developing the security practices to protect our customers and our data;
- Contribute to Booking.com's growth through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts.
- Understanding the fine balance between security, agility and scalability when building tools and services;
- Mastery in at least one programming language;
- Strong understanding of common security issues that affect e-commerce systems;
- Experience with building, operating and maintaining complex and scalable systems;
- Solid understanding of Software Engineering and Computer Science principles;
- Solid foundation in Linux administration and troubleshooting;
- Proven experience with automation. Knowledge of configuration management tools like Puppet or Chef is a plus;
- Additional experience in Networking, Security, Cryptography or Storage is a plus;
- Be able to understand and formulate meaningful business metrics;
- Creative and not afraid to step outside of your comfort zone;
- Fluent in the English language both spoken and written.
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential. We also offer what we call the "Booking Deal" with other competitive perks and benefits. The Technology department has regular knowledge sharing, training and attends/speaks at global conferences.
This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam. We have successfully relocated 300+ Technology professionals to Amsterdam in the last year!
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer - Security in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Commercial Owner, New Partnerships
Morten looks at how to make the process of adding commercial partnerships more efficient and profitable. His main goal is adding accommodation partners to the platform to help Booking.com grow.
Back to top