Site Reliability Engineer - Core Infrastructure
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
At Booking.com, our mission is to make it easier for everyone to experience the world. And while that world might feel a little farther away right now, we're busy preparing for when the world is ready to travel once more. With strategic long-term investments into what we believe the future of travel can be, we are opening career opportunities that will have a strong impact on our mission.
Do you want to build software that impacts millions of customers around the world, tackling some of the world's most complex ecommerce challenges? We are looking for talented engineers to join our Core Infrastructure department in our Amsterdam HQ.
In Core Infrastructure we design, build and operate all the technology that our Booking.com product development teams need in order to deliver great travel products to our customers.
Booking.com is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join our Core Infrastructure team at our Amsterdam headquarters. As a member of one of the 30 infrastructure teams, you will be given the freedom to make meaningful and measurable improvements impacting millions of people. You will be working in one of the biggest e-commerce companies in the world, deploying code on 10ks servers across multiple data centers around the world!
- Design, develop and implement systems software that improves the stability, scalability, availability and latency of the Booking.com products;
- Take ownership of one or more services and have the freedom to do what is best for our business and customers;
- Solve problems occurring with our highly available production systems and build solutions and automation to prevent them from happening again;
- Build effective monitoring to monitor the health of your system, and jump in to handle outages;
- Build and run capacity tests to manage the growth of your systems;
- Plan for reliability by designing systems to work across our multinational data centers;
- Develop tools to assist the product development teams with successfully deploying 1000s of change sets every day;
- Be an advocate of engineering best practices;
- Share the on-call rotation and be an escalation contact for incidents:
- Contribute to Booking.com's growth through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts.
- Mastery in at least one programming language: Java, Python and Go are a plus;
- Experience with building, operating and maintaining complex and scalable systems;
- Solid understanding of Software Engineering and Computer Science principles;
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code technologies such as Terraform, Ansible, or Pulumi;
- Knowledge of cloud computing fundamentals;
- Solid foundation in Linux administration and troubleshooting;
- Proven experience with automation.
- Additional experience in Networking, Security or Storage is a plus;
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as OpenStack is a plus
- Be able to understand and formulate meaningful business metrics;
- Creative and not afraid to step outside of your comfort zone;
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential. We also offer what we call the "Booking Deal" with other competitive perks and benefits. The Technology department has monthly hackathons, training and attends/speaks at global conferences.
This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam. We have successfully relocated 300+ Technology professionals to Amsterdam in the last year!
Back to top