Service Owner – Customer Experience
We believe that delivering a good overall customer experience that is both frictionless and differentiating drives customer loyalty and creates ambassadors for our brand. Excellent customer service (both self-service and human assistance) is one of the key pillars of a great customer experience. To support our growth ambitions and stay successful in the market, we need to design high quality and scalable support for new channels, customer segments and products.
The Customer Experience team within Global Customer Services is responsible for driving the delivery of a high quality and customer-centric design of the “service component” of prioritized new products, new channels and new customer segments. Within your assigned domain, you will be supporting the department(s) you work with in understanding and anticipating the full customer journey across the different touch points while taking charge of the preparation and design of excellent (scalable) customer service.
Once the product/customer segment/channel is mature enough or has reached a critical volume, your service blueprint will ensure easier implementation globally in our contact center environment. The approach will involve a period of experimentation and iteration with the service in a controlled environment with a small team of specially trained CS agents (part of ‘Service Lab’) in order establish a high quality service blueprint before full integration in the contact center environment.
As a Service Owner you know exactly when to call in the support of all the relevant disciplines within CS, e.g. process designers, quality experts, Product Owners, data analysts or learning specialists to ensure timely and efficient delivery of the service blueprint. After the delivery of the service design, you will work together with the global CS implementation team to have the new service implemented in our global contact center environment.
You are expected to feel comfortable leading this new way of working throughout the organization and to be an ambassador for Customer Experience in the broadest sense of the word.
Your domain – New customer segments
You will be responsible for ensuring a great customer experience for prioritized new customer segments. Your main focus will be on driving quality and scalability of the “service component” for major new Strategic Partnerships. You will work closely together with (central and regional) colleagues from Strategic Partnerships and CS Operations and with all the different disciplines within CS Global Support.
- Build strong relationships with peers and managers in Customer Services and other stakeholders within Booking.com to ensure deep understanding of stakeholder needs and business requirements
- Maintain a high level of product knowledge and a clear overview of what’s in the pipeline in your assigned domain, and continuously share this with all key stakeholders to drive decision making and prioritisation
- Identify effective methods to gather customer experience insights, conduct in-depth analysis and create a clear overview of the customer journey for prioritized new channels, products or customer segment
- Stay connected with the CS Operational teams and key stakeholders by building a continuous feedback loop to provide ongoing customer experience improvements for the projects in your domain
- Customer focused – able to represent an extreme customer perspective in decision making
- Proactive/driver of innovation
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workflow
- Highly analytical, pragmatic and data driven
- Structured in thinking and approach, with ability to simplify complex areas
- Knowledge and experience in executing global or large scale initiatives preferred
- Ability to self-steer, work autonomously and take complete ownership of projects of varying length and complexity
- Knowledge of customer journey mapping or customer experience/service design preferred
- Excellent communication skills for liaising with key company stakeholders including, leadership team, developers, customer service agents other key stakeholders within customer service and team leads
- Commercial awareness and result driven
The hiring company Booking.com Customer Service Holding B.V. is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com Customer Service Holding B.V. is looking for a Service Owner – Customer Experience. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com” refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Director of Product
Anne-Sophie oversees product managers and developers who create new features for Booking.com’s attractions, tours, and activity launches, ensuring travelers continue to have great experiences.
Back to top