Senior/Customer Service Manager
We are looking for a Senior/Customer Service Manager who will be overall responsible for the Customer Service (CS) site in Seoul, South Korea.
You will be responsible for the setup, growth and development of the Seoul contact center, including the recruitment of staff, implementing procedures and systems, monitoring performance, motivating staff and aligning the site with the company guidelines. You will be overall responsible for the smooth operational running of the Seoul contact center and will lead a team that will be growing to a size of more than 200 professionals who will engage our customers, increase loyalty and deliver service that exceeds industry norms. Reporting to the Regional Director, Customer Service – APAC, you will be the primary bridge linking the Seoul Site CS Operations with other functions both within and outside of CS at a local or regional and global level.
The role is ideal for an enthusiastic and inspirational Customer Service professional with substantial leadership and team management experience in a fast-paced contact center or work environment that places high emphasis on delivering excellent customer experience. You are passionate about providing the best possible levels of customer service and have proven experience driving excellent performance results and employee engagement. You can lead and implement change, and can drive strong cross-functional collaboration to create continuous business improvements.
- Overall responsible and accountable for the day to day operations and facilities management of the customer service site;
- Manage escalated customer-related issues including dealing with internal and external stakeholders;
- Recruit, lead, coach and develop a direct team of team leads, providing them clear direction and guidance;
- Drive excellent operational performance and customer satisfaction results to meet (or even exceed) agreed targets;
- Foster a highly motivated team environment that encourages continuous learning and improvements to drive excellent employee engagement;
- Be an effective Change Manager, knowing how to handle and lead a team through change, displaying motivation and encouraging the right behaviors;
- Manage site expenses, staff related costs and administrative matters in accordance to budget and agreed timelines;
- Take ownership and lead assigned CS projects or initiatives;
- Work closely with other CS functions including training and quality, implementation, and workforce management team to ensure that the CS site is well resourced and that initiatives/change are implemented on-time and in accordance to agreed objectives;
- Create strong cross-functional collaboration with the other departments including Human Resource, IT, Finance and Office Management to well support the CS site operations and to create continuous business improvement; and
- Stay connected and participate actively in Regional CS Management meetings and Global CS meetings, expanding beyond site responsibilities to contribute constructive ideas, share best practices and create positive impact to CS at a regional and global level.
- 5+ years (for CS Manager) / 7+ years (for Senior Manager, CS) in customer service, contact center or operations management;
- Minimum of University educational level or equivalent further education;
- Proven people management skills, including experience in managing large teams and managing middle management;
- Strong leadership with experience managing culturally diverse teams and driving strong employee engagement;
- Proven track record in driving positive performance results, and employee and customer satisfaction;
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment;
- Ability to build strong and effective cross-functional relationships;
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills;
- Fluent in both written and verbal Korean;
- Working knowledge of South Korea's Employment and Labor Law;
- Able to travel 10% of the time
The hiring company Booking.com Customer Service Center Korea Limited is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in South Korea. Booking.com Customer Service Center Korea Limited is looking for a Senior/Customer Service Manager. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Commercial Owner, New Partnerships
Morten looks at how to make the process of adding commercial partnerships more efficient and profitable. His main goal is adding accommodation partners to the platform to help Booking.com grow.
Back to top