Who are we?
At Booking.com, we make it easier for everyone to experience the world. We began by taking hotel bookings online over 20 years ago and we've been shaping the travel industry ever since. Today, we're building a platform that connects all parts of the trip - from accommodation to transport, tickets, tours and more.
From our London office at Monument, our Transportation team helps people get where they want to go, anywhere in the world. Whether customers want the freedom of a car, the ease of a taxi or the economy of public transport, we make it all possible.
Our team is passionate about helping people travel. They see challenges as opportunities. And they're always ready for change. We'd love to add to that team with a Senior Test Engineer in L.
Our responsibilities and core values
- Own It
- Learn Forever
- Succeed Together
- Do the Right Thing
- Think Customer First
What we're looking for in our Senior Test Engineers & what you'll be doing:
- Engaging closely with developers, product owners, designers, and other test team members to deliver a world-class product
- Exploring and evaluating features right through the development process, from inception to delivery (and beyond)
- Participating in daily deployments by testing and verifying changes
- Mentoring developers and testers on good testing practices
- Advocating for testing and improving quality throughout the development process
- Encouraging continuous improvement of ways of working
- Actively encouraging the use of more technical testing such as automation, performance and security
- You enjoy collaborating with other people to solve problems
- You enjoy getting into the details diving into technical problems and pursuing project risks
- You love working with tech because there's always something new to learn
- Someone who will challenge themselves to grow everyday
- A generous teammate who offers to help others when needed
- You like using the right tool for the right job, you're flexible about how you get the task done
- Passionate about refining and improving both working practices and the customer experience
- Able to learn new technologies quickly
- An eagerness to learn new tools and skills
- Mobile testing experience on iOS/Android
- Clear and concise communication skills
- Understanding of agile ways of working
- Mentoring and teaching skills
- Exploratory testing skills
- Awareness and understanding of technical testing and good practices, for example:
Automation, performance, accessibility or security testing
API testing and Front End testing
Exploratory and Session based testing methodologies/approaches
What do we offer our employees?
- Ownership of your work and a great technical challenge
- A brand-new product and an exciting technical challenge
- Generous pension of up to 10% contribution from us
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays (rising to 28 days after 3 years of service)
- Great discounts on accommodation, car rentals and other group benefits
- Employee perks and discounts to hundreds of businesses through Perkbox
- Great office space in the heart of London near Monument
- Great facilities - Lunch vouchers,free fruit and on premise showers and cycle parking
- An exciting and dynamic place to work
- Opportunity to shape the future of the team
We want our colleagues to have a work life balance that works both for them and the business. Our core hours are 10-4 with flexibility around that within a 37.5 hour week. We are also open to considering other flexible working arrangements. Please ask our Talent Specialists who can discuss this with you.