At Booking.com, our mission is to make it easier for everyone to experience the world. And while that world might feel a little farther away right now, we're busy preparing for when the world is ready to travel once more. With strategic long-term investments into what we believe the future of travel can be, we are opening career opportunities that will have a strong impact on our mission.
The Senior Recruiter role is responsible for executing the talent acquisition strategy and delivering hiring results for our technology functions. This position has be based across Amsterdam, Barcelona, London and Dublin!
You will be a a passionate customer and candidate advocate with proven analytical capabilities and multitasking skills, extreme attention to detail, and the ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task. The Senior Recruiter will also be a self-starter with operational recruiting experience and a passion for recruiting, a high level of flexibility, commitment, and the ability to tackle ambiguity.
They collaborate with their TA Manager, senior members of their business functions and HR colleagues to ensure quality, quantity and timely communication.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Self-sufficient and able to work with little direct supervision
- Strong track record of solving complex problems, delivering significant impact as a Senior or Executive Recruiter, and meeting deadlines
- Acts as a talent advisor by identifying appropriate stakeholders for hiring needs, providing outstanding guidance to hiring managers and their interview teams to shape their talent needs to best match the needs of Booking.com and external talent
- Gathers market data and landscape for the Hiring Manager to support and influence hiring strategies and decision making, and is informed of market trends and recruiting practices
- Acts as a Brand Ambassador, builds out talent networks and activates knowledgeable industry sources to develop and generate an ongoing pool of candidates through a diverse mix of sources
- Delivers on the promise to recruit a diverse candidate pipeline and slate
- Is proactive in achieving hiring targets through an effective selection process
- Uses data to create, measure and scale smart recruiting tactics
- Manages the hiring process and a first class candidate experience end-to-end, with support of the coordinators and sourcers when and where applicable
- Works closely with the business and HR colleagues throughout the search process providing consistent communication and incredible service
- Executes labor legislation and required changes to ensure compliance
- Manages (pre-)closing of the candidates and hiring managers
- Follows global guidelines to ensure consistency and alignment of all TA products, tools, services and initiatives
- Provides feedback, suggestions and input to the TA Manager/Team Lead to improve the recruitment process in the organization, its effectiveness and adoption
- Continually develops domain knowledge of the business function
- Handles multiple problems simultaneously with high judgment
- 5+ years recruiting experience in technology, preferably in-house experience in a fast-paced start-up, e-commerce or hyper-growth tech company.
- Experience with both high volume recruitment as well as specialist searches
- Experienced negotiator and ability to (pre)close on deals
- Demonstrated ability to partner with and influence key stakeholders in execution of recruiting initiatives and is self-confident in building proactive and meaningful relationships throughout our global organisation
- Has strong analytical skills; ability to leverage data to support a business case then pursues creative solutions, ability to create, measure, and scale the right workflow between candidates, hiring managers, and the recruiting team to ensure results
- Has a strong track record of solving complex problems, designing creative strategies, and delivering significant impact
- Has a strong work ethic; self-directed, resourceful, works independently, motivated by own drive and enthusiasm, has demonstrated the ability to work well in a team
- Has strong organizational skills and ability to manage complex operational processes
- Demonstrates personal accountability and integrity
- Is collaborative, focuses on team spirit and knowledge sharing, and understand the value of working as one team
- Is inquisitive; a strong desire to learn new things and improving existing processes
- Thoughtful; thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution - anticipates roadblocks and proactively creates solutions to ensure success