Senior Technology Product Manager - Developer Experience
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
Booking.com is looking for a Senior Technology Product Manager to join our Core Infrastructure department at our Amsterdam headquarters.
Our mission at Booking.com is to create visionary, innovative, and personalized travel experiences for millions of customers all across the world. We want customers to have an amazing experience wherever and whenever they choose: mobile, web, and through partners and 3rd parties.
To make all this possible, our developers expect best-of-class tools and platforms to build on. We have a diversity of products both in market and planned, ranging from classic programming languages integrated with our HTML templating solutions to modern Java, Golang, node.js and Kubernetes. We require easy to use CI/CD, environments for rapid development of SOA and microservice architectures, code collaboration tools, and more. We aim to enable more innovation and faster time to value, and always reduce toil as much as possible. The experience of designing features, writing code, testing, debugging, deploying and experimenting should be seamlessly integrated to the product lifecycle.
We reduce barriers to adopt new technologies giving our developers more freedom to choose whatever technologies make sense for their service. Our architecture will enable each service to be continuously integrated and deployed independently at scale. The developer experience is the key foundation to all of these goals.
- Defines the vision (end goal, one year and beyond) and roadmap (how to achieve it, quarter-per-quarter) for the team.
- Works with the team to translate user needs into development requirements that drive impact for the business.
- Owns the ideation, post mortem, prioritization, backlog, customer feedback loop processes.
- Guide new features and services from inception to launch while keeping (internal) customers at the center of everything.
- Measures and reports the team's progress and impact to the business in a transparent and effective way. This includes defining key business and product success metrics, track them, and improve upon them.
- using data to inform team priorities and decision making.
- Is the advocate for the team's customers and stakeholders and keeps the track, customers, stakeholders, and the wider business up-to-date with team progress.
- At least 4 years of experience as a technology Product Manager working on working on infrastructure, developer, or software products.
- Strong affinity with technology, especially infrastructure. Previous hands-on experience as an engineer, or equivalent technical role, is a nice to have.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and influencing skills.
- Team player with a bottom-up ideation process.
- An analytical orientation and strong problem-solving skills demonstrated by the ability to structure issues and analyze alternative solutions.
- Able to understand and formulate meaningful business metrics.
- Fluent in the English language both spoken and written.
What's in it for you?
This position is open to worldwide candidates. We provide assistance for you and your family with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam. We have successfully relocated 300+ technology professionals to Amsterdam in the last year.
- Headquarters located in one of the most vibrant cities in Europe: Amsterdam
- Performance-based company that offers 26 vacation days, career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential.
- Training, regularhackathons and opportunities to travel and attend global conferences.
- Discount on Booking.com accommodations with the "Booking Deal" including other perks and benefits.
- Company sponsored family and social activities to help our employees become integrated with each other and Dutch culture.
- Diverse, unique colleagues from every corner of the world.
Back to top