Booking's Security and Fraud organization is seeking a sharp, talented and energetic Senior Technical Program Manager to build out its security program. This role will build the bridges between security, technology and compliance by working across remote and local teams within the Booking Security and Fraud organization, security teams, and related Booking corporate teams. This candidate should be a technically experienced and an innovative security/compliance professional who has the ability to dive deep into a variety of complex issues, understand IT processes, and drive continuous process improvement to existing and emerging compliance standards.
As a Senior TPM, you will e stablish credibility and maintain strong working relationships with groups involved with information security matters (Legal, Business Development, Internal Audit, Fraud, Networking, Application Security, Third Party Security, Systems, etc.) . You will develop a working knowledge of the operational processes and controls in place that support the Booking Security and Fraud teams, including commercial and regulatory compliance programs, and guiding control owners in documenting their control activities.
Knowledge of the following is required: infrastructure design, cybersecurity operations, business continuity, security related standards and regulations, risk assessment, agile project management.
- Drive and Lead cross-functional security program implementations as part of Security PMO function
- Perform service impact assessments of existing and emerging compliance programs
- Manage the readiness efforts of services for audit and/or certification
- Support process improvement and control implementation projects in coordination with the service teams
- Assist stakeholders with aligning: standard operating procedures, controls, monitoring, and reporting with the goal of improving operations, compliance policies, and risk management
- Innovation of mechanisms to better meet business processes and compliance requirements
- Engage with regional business and technical stakeholders to identify security needs, and maintain a broad understanding of the regulatory landscape impacting Booking
- Work with a global cross-functional team of security engineers, controllers, and technical program managers to deliver security reviews, and ensure compliance aligned with governmental standards and processes
- Determine strategy for highly sensitive and/or high profile assessments
- Maintain metrics on security and compliance, and prepare reports for senior management on the state of security in region
- Ensure the team delivers on security goals, and make recommendations for incremental process improvement
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems Management, Information Security or other related fields
- 7+ years relevant work experience, including technical program management experience
- 3+ years of experience in security or compliance work in support of a highly technical environment
- Experience with Governance, Risk, and Compliance tools and technology
- A proven track record of leading a visionary strategy to deliver global, company-wide platform services at enterprise large scales
- Understand the problem and the complete deliverable . Knows exactly how it will work and exactly how it is going to be delivered. Having a solid understanding of how deliverables will work is more important than the project deadlines.
- Drives misunderstandings to closure every time . Leaving things in a state that is going to create additional conflict simply isn't acceptable.
- Keep Lines of Communication Open . Recognize that our plans or approaches may be flawed. This is inevitable when doing things of consequence. As such, it is critical for senior TPMs to be available and responsive at all times.
- Is the single point people can come to to get answers for your deliverables . Knows 80% of the answers off the top of his/her head and owns getting answers for the other 20% within 24 hours
- Status Reporting :
- A good status report is a thing of beauty. Senior TPM spends the time to do it well. Be extremely precise.
- Does not introduce topics that he/she doesn't close (example, we hit bugs in the reconciliation process)
- Important to remember Agile is our choice:
- Increases the need for a plan
- User stories are well documented
- Priorities are respected in sprint planning
- Daily stand-ups are occurring
- Burndown is kept up to date
- Story owners are accepting as appropriate
- Real retrospectives are occurring
- Living and working in Amsterdam, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real-time impact of your work on millions of travellers worldwide
- Working in a fast-paced and performance driven culture
- Opportunity to use technical expertise, leadership capabilities and entrepreneurial spirit
- Promote and drive impactful and innovative solutions
- Technical, behavioural and interpersonal competence advancement via on-the-job opportunities, experimental projects, hackathons, conferences and active community participation
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and some great added perks of working in the home city of Booking.com
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.