Senior Technical Program Manager - Private Cloud
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
It wasn't so long ago that booking a trip to see the Eiffel Tower, stroll down New York's iconic Madison Avenue or feel the sand between our toes on Copacabana Beach was simply a matter of a few taps on our smartphone.
In fact, that's what we do at Booking.com. We make it easier for everyone to experience the world. And while that world might feel a little farther away right now, we're busy preparing for when the world is ready to travel once more.
Across our offices worldwide, we continue to innovate. To solve for some of the most complex challenges in travel and technology, and to plan for the exciting developments that lie ahead. With strategic long-term investments into what we believe the future of travel can be, we are opening up new career opportunities that will have a strong impact on our mission.
We are united in the belief that our very human desire to explore the planet's beauty and discover more about other people and cultures will endure. The world is waiting for us. Together, we will be ready.
We are actively hiring a Senior Technical Program Manager in our Core Infrastructure department within the Private Cloud team. You will define and drive program initiatives, collaborating with a wide range of stakeholders from production engineering teams to customers whose workloads will be running on our platform. Our Senior Technical Program Managers are both strategic and tactical, giving you the opportunity to lead and innovate and influence a wide range of stakeholders. You will be an integral part of building new platforms, features and services.
Some of the challenges include operating with ambiguity, dealing with change, managing complex interdependencies and leading and navigating cross-functional teams. You will synthesize a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality simple products and features that customers will love. You'll need to be a smart risk taker who can deliver big ideas, transforming them into scalable programs. With close interaction with senior stakeholders, you will share data-driven insights and align roadmaps to strategic objectives.
This is a unique chance to shape our infrastructure for the foreseeable future, to take ownership and facilitate and shape programs that make a significant impact in our journey towards delivering seamless, sustainable, personalised and scalable services for all our customers.
- Define the product and technology/architectural vision for critical aspects of the program
- Lead teams through transition from ideation to execution
- Define projects; requirements gathering, write detailed functional and test specifications, coordinate efforts to scope, schedule and deploy new feature sets
- Research to better define the opportunity and understand customer requirements
- Partner with leaders across the company, both locally and internationally
- Collaborate with development teams to build and launch new products, features and programs
- Work on systems that are mission critical to the company and are used every day by thousands of developers and operators.
- 5-7 years+ Solid experience in technical program management
- Demonstrable ability to work on programs with software development and product teams
- 3+ years of commercial coding experience
- Solid exposure delivering programs to an agile methodology (SCRUM, RUP, XP)
- Strong experience of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
- Experience of building and launching a new product or service end to end
- Data-driven; strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations
- Solid business judgment together with ability to operate successfully in ambiguous environments
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including influencing cross-functional teams
- Relevant domain experience within either core infrastructure & ideally Virtualization and software defined infrastructure
- Experience managing vendor relationships and multi million dollar budgets
- Living and working in Amsterdam, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real-time impact of your work on millions of travellers worldwide
- Working in a fast-paced and performance driven culture
- Opportunity to utilize technical expertise, leadership capabilities and entrepreneurial spirit
- Promote and drive impactful and innovative engineering solutions
- Technical, behavioural and interpersonal competence advancement via on-the-job opportunities, experimental projects, hackathons, conferences and active community participation
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and some great added perks of working in the home city of Booking.com
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
Back to top