Senior Technical Program Manager - Platform
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
It wasn't so long ago that booking a trip to see the Eiffel Tower, stroll down New York's iconic Madison Avenue or feel the sand between our toes on Copacabana Beach was simply a matter of a few taps on our smartphone.
In fact, that's what we do at Booking.com. We make it easier for everyone to experience the world. And while that world might feel a little farther away right now, we're busy preparing for when the world is ready to travel once more.
Across our offices worldwide, we continue to innovate. To solve for some of the most complex challenges in travel and technology, and to plan for the exciting developments that lie ahead. With strategic long-term investments into what we believe the future of travel can be, we are opening up new career opportunities that will have a strong impact on our mission.
We are united in the belief that our very human desire to explore the planet's beauty and discover more about other people and cultures will endure. The world is waiting for us. Together, we will be ready.
Our mission at Booking.com is to make it easier for everyone to experience the world. To do this we must create a visionary and innovative platform which is truly personalized. We want customers to have an amazing experience wherever and whenever they choose; on mobile, web, through partners and 3rd parties.
To make all this possible, our developers expect a best-in-class platform on which to build. Our core platform services require constant security and resilience, while providing internal customers the features they need to be productive. We enable greater innovation and impact, we lower the time to create value and reduce friction as much as possible. The experience of designing features, writing code, testing, debugging, deploying and experimenting should be seamlessly integrated into the product life-cycle.
We are searching for someone excited by complex problems, who can offer solutions and drive clarity and execution. Someone team-oriented who builds new platforms, features and services, who can collaborate with architects, engineers, product managers and other technical program managers and customer/stakeholder teams.
You will have the opportunity to demonstrate your product background, define and drive program initiatives, and use your technical knowledge to collaborate with engineering teams. You'll need to think both strategically and tactically, offer innovative solutions and lead-through-influence alongside a premier team. You will get plenty of exposure to senior stakeholders, create documentation for senior executives and align complex roadmaps with strategic objectives.
You should be comfortable with ambiguity with a desire to create, iterate, and improve. You will need to be a smart risk taker who can deliver big ideas as well as transform them into scalable programs. Leading and navigating cross-functional efforts should come naturally, together with partnering with marketing and engineering teams to synthesize a variety of technologies and capabilities into high-quality simple products and features that customers' love.
- Partner with leaders and development teams to build and launch new products, features and programs
- Own and execute complex plans
- Align product vision with technology/architectural design
- Lead teams through influence from ideation to execution
- Define projects, collect requirements, write functional and test specifications
- Coordinate the program/project scope, schedule and deployment
- Support and enable research to help define opportunity/customer requirements
- 5-8 years+ in product/program management working directly with software development teams
- Handle simultaneous priorities
- Project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
- Build and launch a new product or service from the ground up
- Strong ability to influence across multiple teams
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; able to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations
- Deliver with an agile methodology (SCRUM, RUP, XP)
- Operate successfully in an ambiguous environment
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or relevant experience
- 3+ years of commercial coding experience
- Prior experience with core infrastructure technologies and/or experience within platform engineering space is a significant advantage but not essential
This position is open to candidates worldwide, we provide visa and relocation assistance.
- Living and working in Amsterdam, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world-renowned product and seeing real-time impact of your work
- Working in a fast-paced and performance-driven culture
- Career advancement via online and on-the-job training, Hackathons, conferences and active community participation
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and some great added perks of working in the home city of Booking.com
Applications will be reviewed by week commencing 4 January 2021.
We value Diversity of all types and in an open, dynamic workplace. This has been a pillar at Booking.com since day one, and something we continue to strongly believe in and build today.
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
Back to top