Senior Technical Program Manager - Order Platform
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
It wasn't so long ago that booking a trip to see the Eiffel Tower, stroll down New York's iconic Madison Avenue or feel the sand between our toes on Copacabana Beach was simply a matter of a few taps on our smartphone.
In fact, that's what we do at Booking.com. We make it easier for everyone to experience the world. And while that world might feel a little farther away right now, we're busy preparing for when the world is ready to travel once more.
Across our offices worldwide, we continue to innovate. To solve for some of the most complex challenges in travel and technology, and to plan for the exciting developments that lie ahead. With strategic long-term investments into what we believe the future of travel can be, we are opening up new career opportunities that will have a strong impact on our mission.
We are united in the belief that our very human desire to explore the planet's beauty and discover more about other people and cultures will endure. The world is waiting for us. Together, we will be ready.
Senior Technical Program Manager - Order Platform
Booking's Horizontal Business Services department is seeking a smart, talented and energetic Senior Technical Program Manager to manage execution and delivery of the Order Platform roadmap that delivers against ambitious business objectives.
Our order platform is designed to be the authoritative data source of all reservation data which is then funnelled to relevant systems including finance, billing analytics etc. This role will need someone with a strong TPM background, with demonstrated experience leading large cross-organizational software development projects, with a deep technical background in data modelling. You will have experience with MySQL, Hadoop, Cassandra and Big Data platforms. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and help drive change .
As a Senior TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance customer and business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. We are looking for proactive, innovative individuals who thrive on solving tough problems. Well developed decision making and judgment, negotiation skills, the ability to influence, analytical ability and leadership are essential to success.
- Be the driving force that collaborates with business and technical teams across Booking to make sure your teams deliver world class solutions that are highly scalable, secure, and flexible - all the while maintaining a strong customer focus.
- Interact with project sponsors, project stakeholders and multiple business and technical teams to define and deliver complex features
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints
- Plan and manage multiple parallel projects
- The ability to slice through ambiguity and drive clarity where confusion exists; leveraging technical expertise with strong business acumen
- Maximize resources for the greater good of the organization, identify inefficient processes or waste and redirect resources as necessary
- Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels
- Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders
- Communicate project issues and status in a concise, accurate, and professional manner
- Insatiable curiosity and ability to understand architectural and technical aspects of projects
- Apply best practices to the software development lifecycle (SDLC) for projects based on experiences with a number of agile and blended approaches, as well effectively coordinating the implementations across teams using very different approaches
- Build and maintain integrated project schedules that account for internal/external dependencies, differing SDLC approaches, numerous constraints, and adequately factors in some contingency for some unplanned delays while still being aggressive
- 7+ years relevant work experience, including technical program management experience
- 3 years+ engineering experience with relevant tech stack
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; Datadriven andresults-oriented
- A proven track record of leading a visionary strategy to deliver global, company-wide platform services at enterprise large scales
- Commercial understanding of scrum methodologies, agile project management and release (program increment) scheduling
This position is open to candidates worldwide, we provide visa and relocation assistance.
- Living and working in Amsterdam, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world-renowned product and seeing real-time impact of your work
- Working in a fast-paced and performance-driven culture
- Career advancement via online and on-the-job training, Hackathons, conferences and active community participation
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and some great added perks of working in the home city of Booking.com
We value Diversity of all types and in an open, dynamic workplace. This has been a pillar at Booking.com since day one, and something we continue to strongly believe in and build today.
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
Back to top