It wasn't so long ago that booking a trip to see the Eiffel Tower, stroll down New York's iconic Madison Avenue or feel the sand between our toes on Copacabana Beach was simply a matter of a few taps on our smartphone. In fact, that's what we do at Booking.com. We make it easier for everyone to experience the world. And while that world might feel a little farther away right now, we're busy preparing for when the world is ready to travel once more. Across our offices worldwide, we continue to innovate. To solve for some of the most complex challenges in travel and technology, and to plan for the exciting developments that lie ahead. With strategic long-term investments into what we believe the future of travel can be, we are opening up new career opportunities that will have a strong impact on our mission. We are united in the belief that our very human desire to explore the planet's beauty and discover more about other people and cultures will endure. The world is waiting for us. Together, we will be ready.
With over 1.6 million room nights booked every day, accommodation represents the largest share of our business to date. We are responsible for accommodation growth, with clear ownership of all marketing, product and supply related to accommodations. Our mission is to deliver the best customer experience and most varied selection of properties.
The Data Platform team contributes to our Tech Modernization efforts in Accommodations, by developing a set of services to manage the property description datasets. We are seeking a sharp, talented and energetic Senior Technical Program Manager to help build out a set of data services that manage the property description datasets and drive the adoption of the services across the business.
Our ideal candidate will have a strong TPM background, with demonstrated experience leading large cross-organizational software development projects, and will have a deep technical background in product development and service oriented architecture.
- Be the driving force that collaborates with business and technical teams across Booking to make sure your teams deliver world class solutions that are highly scalable, secure, and flexible - all the while maintaining a strong customer focus.
- Interact with project sponsors, project stakeholders and multiple business and technical teams to define and deliver complex features
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints
- The ability to slice through ambiguity and drive clarity where confusion exists; leveraging technical expertise with strong business acumen
- Maximize resources for the greater good of the organization, identify inefficient processes or waste and redirect resources as necessary
- Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels
- Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders
- Communicate project issues and status in a concise, accurate, and professional manner
- Insatiable curiosity and ability to understand architectural and technical aspects of projects
- Apply best practices to the software development lifecycle (SDLC) for projects based on experiences with a number of agile and blended approaches, as well effectively coordinating the implementations across teams using very different approaches
- Build and maintain integrated project schedules that account for internal/external dependencies, differing SDLC approaches, numerous constraints and adequately factors in some contingency for some unplanned delays while still being aggressive
- Computer Science / Engineering Bachelor's degree or related technical field
- 5-8 years technical program management experience
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; Datadriven andresults-oriented
- Knowledge of: service-oriented architecture, product development (including Java), agile project management, release schedules.
- A proven track record of leading a visionary strategy to deliver global, company-wide platform services at enterprise large scale
- Living and working in Amsterdam, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real-time impact of your work on millions of travellers worldwide
- Working in a fast-paced and performance driven culture
- Opportunity to utilize technical expertise, leadership capabilities and entrepreneurial spirit
- Promote and drive impactful and innovative engineering solutions
- Technical, behavioural and interpersonal competence advancement via on-the-job opportunities, experimental projects, hackathons, conferences and active community participation
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and some great added perks of working in the home city of Booking.com