Senior Solution Engineer - Payments
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
At Booking.com we make it easier for everyone to experience the world. And while that world might feel a little farther away right now, we're busy preparing for when the world is ready to travel once more.
Across our offices worldwide, we continue to innovate. To solve for some of the most complex challenges in travel and technology, and to plan for the exciting developments that lie ahead. With strategic long-term investments into what we believe the future of travel can be, we are opening up new career opportunities that will have a strong impact on our mission.
We are united in the belief that our very human desire to explore the planet's beauty and discover more about other people and cultures will endure. The world is waiting for us. Together, we will be ready.
Central Product will bridge the Booking of today into the Booking of tomorrow, and lead the evolution of Booking from a single product company to a multi-product offering company with an unprecedented, personalised travel experience at the heart of its success.
Payments are an ever-changing, complex, competitive and extremely exciting industry. More than ever before, in order to accomplish Booking.com's mission ("making it easier for everyone to experience the world"), we need to offer a frictionless payment experience. In that context, the Payments department is in charge of creating delightful payment experiences for bookers and merchants alike, and help internal Products (Accommodations, Transportation, Attractions, ...) grow their businesses.
Solution Engineers will be the primary technical counterpart for internal Products that require payment functionalities. You will be responsible for designing Payment solutions for our internal clients based on our Payments technology stack and Booking.com infrastructure. You will also ensure to support products during the integration and validation phases of our product to ensure a timely go-live.
To be successful, it's required that you have related experience in technical pre-sales or technical consulting roles. You have a proven track-record in leading business architecture and implementation discussions with senior executives. You are well versed in pitching technical solutions backed up with business data to Clients for our Payment systems and internal product teams. You are an excellent communicator with strong presentation skills who strives to consistently meet or exceed partner expectations.
- Holding Product demos and presentations, providing technical input into BU proposals and translating product and business requirements into innovative solutions
- Build up a thorough understanding of the technical systems of our internal clients and identify, validate and grow opportunities to accelerate the adoption of our Payments products
- Based on above, define Booking Payments' product solutions for our biggest Internal clients/ Business units- and build a Payments roadmap based on their Product needs
- Lead mapping of Payment clients' business challenges to architecture/technology solutions while taking a systems-wide view of the partner's existing solution landscape
- If custom development is required, you will be the one to define the needs of the client, architect a solution together with the clients and internal staff and lead the realisation efforts
- Documenting our Product offering and API specs
- Owning the technical aspects of the solution design process for the integration of the BU to Payments
- The Delivery of the Payments integration for internal business Units
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field experience required.
- 5-7 years experience with Solution design, e.g. through technical pre-sales or technical consulting role. Experience with solution design in financial services or Payments companies industries is an advantage.
- 4+ years experience in customer facing roles with a proven track record of effective collaborations across multiple internal organisations and interactions with partners.
- Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies and solution architecture within web and mobile environments.
- Understanding of key programming languages and its application.
- Experience with creating business cases for technical solutions using qualitative & quantitative data.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must. Past experience writing and publishing technical white-papers desirable.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines in an environment with competing priorities
- A self-starter with a proactive attitude, motivated by the end result. Driven by your own performance, yet actively able to contribute to a team.
- Willing to face all challenges with enthusiasm, and positivity.
- Ability to solve complex problems, deal with constraints and can come up with creative solutions.
- Fluent in English both spoken and written, additional languages are a plus.
- Results driven - excels in getting things done.
- Ability to effectively network within a fast growing and changing organisation.
Back to top