Senior Software Developer
Booking.com, the market leading online hotel reservation service in the world, is looking for people to be a part of our China Product Development team in Shanghai.
We are looking for Senior Developers who are passionate about their craft, who thrive on challenge and who believe in success through collaboration - people who would complement our existing developers! You will be part of our China Product Development team in Shanghai.
Join us and support Booking.com BV in being work on planet Earth's #1 accommodation website with some of the industry's smartest people!
At Booking.com we combine the best traits of a start-up with the resources of planet Earth's #1 accommodation website. We are working hard towards creating the ultimate travel experience, building and improving great products for both travelers and accommodation partners.
Booking.com's development philosophy is to be agile and data driven. We work in small cross-functional Scrum teams of 5-7 members. We do several code rollouts every day and practice extensive A/B testing on both user and partner facing platforms.
- Combine hands on coding with working on impactful project(s) and supporting other team members,
- Solve business problems, work cross-functionally and lead initiatives to improve development process and business opportunities within Booking.com,
- Take initiative to address the larger technical needs of the product you work on and always keep the Booking.com customer at the center of everything you do, Contribute to the growth of Booking.com through recruitment efforts and proactively share your knowledge to help your colleagues grow,
- Represent Booking.com values, both within the company and in the external community,
- Advocate for a collaborative working environment - turn "my ideas" into "our ideas".
- You are a humble and thought leader, you lead by example and gain your teammates respect through your actions and not your title,
- You have strong programming skills and experience with 2+ server-side programming languages,
- You have minimum 9 years of experience as a Software Developer, you've worked with web applications, distributed systems and product(s) that impact millions of customers,
- You are an excellent communicator and you are able to influence and cooperate with people at all levels,
- You have driven successful technical, business and people related initiatives that improved productivity, performance and quality,
- You have a 'can do' attitude and you act proactively and not reactively,
- It would be great if you have prior experience with mentoring, coaching and training team members.
- Fluent in English and Mandarin
- An opportunity to contribute to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real time impact of your work on millions of travelers worldwide,
- An truly international fast paced environment and performance driven culture,
- Various opportunities to grow technically and personally via side projects, hackathons, conferences and your involvement in the community,
Back to top